old Lascala

Sjuris

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

You are six hours ahead of us on the East coast of the US, so what time for you is best for more real time interaction?

When we are having lunch, he is having dinner.

That's how I remembered it when my son was in Germany.  B)

25 minutes ago, Sjuris said:

IMG_0099.JPG

It looks like both input wires are connected to Terminal 1.  There should be a Pos wire to Terminal 2 and Neg to Terminal 1.

Since we can't see the modified terminals that split the signal, it is also possible there are two Neg wires are properly going to Terminal 1 and the Pos wire(s) are not connected at all.

I would suggest NOT using the bi-amp or bi-wire modification.  The reason being is that the Type AA crossover is not designed to be used that way.

klipsch mellomtone.jpg

I imagine those two wires go to the dual input jacks.  In one of the previous pictures you can kind of see that the large cap doesn't have a lead attaching to the positive input but leads off to the right... I assume to those input jacks?  If so, the result would be the same.

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It looks like both input wires are connected to Terminal 1.  There should be a Pos wire to Terminal 2 and Neg to Terminal 1.

Since we can't see the modified terminals that split the signal, it is also possible there are two Neg wires are properly going to Terminal 1 and the Pos wire(s) are not connected at all.

I would suggest NOT using the bi-amp or bi-wire modification.  The reason being is that the Type AA crossover is not designed to be used that way.

Okey! can you try to explain to me what I need to take pictures of to help you to see even better? 

Best regards

Sjur

6 minutes ago, Sjuris said:

Okey! can you try to explain to me what I need to take pictures of to help you to see even better? 

Our posts are passing each other.  :D

I posted the picture of the midrange driver K-55-V and in the top corner you can see the dual binding posts (gold looking), which are not stock.  There should be two black wires and two red wires coming from that block. 

Can we get a picture showing what the wires are doing coming OUT of the block?

8 minutes ago, muel said:

Looks like a bi-wire setup.  Take a picture a little further back to include the input jacks.  

Looking at those corroded looking connections I think re-tightening them all is a good idea.

I think he said he did re-tighten them, not sure.

I am thinking along the lines you are Muel.  Do you agree with me that the Pos input wire(s)  (labeled "2") to the network block is missing?  (see pic, directly upstream ^^^)  You can clearly see the black numbers 7-5-3-1 but the red numbers are faded or bleached out by the flash 8-6-4-2.

I'd like another set of eyes to confirm what I think I'm seeing.

I think we are seeing the same thing.  It wouldn't work at all if it wasn't connected.  Looks like the wire to the big cap is going off to the right towards those add on input jacks.

In a stock configuration your input would be to the "input" connections directly on the AA network.  

+ to + and - to -

The big capacitor (13uF) has a lead that would be coming to the other side of terminal block to the + of the input connection.

There is also another connection from the 2.5mh coil (far left) going to that same + input connection

8 minutes ago, muel said:

In a stock configuration your input would be to the "input" connections directly on the AA network.  

+ to + and - to -

Correct.  In his picture the (+) input wire is missing to the input, far right with the faded Red label "2"..  There are two black wires going to the (-) input terminal labeled "1".

Can you look at the picture and confirm this for me?

IMG_0099.JPG

If the red numbers were not faded or bleached out, here is what they would look like (from my pics)

IMG_3130.JPG

At this point, I think we need to trace the speaker wires from the amp where it attaches to the input terminals which were later added.  The binding posts are nice, but I think they are adding some confusion.  I am guessing the dual binding posts will need jumper wires to eliminate the bi-wiring function.

Then trace the wiring from those terminals OUT to the Type AA network inputs.  Then Sjur ought to have some fantastic sounding speakers.

(I will be gone the next 6 hours from now until about 7p on Wed.  I'll check back in later)

36 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Correct.  In his picture the (+) input wire is missing to the input, far right with the faded Red label "2"..  There are two black wires going to the (-) input terminal labeled "1".

Can you look at the picture and confirm this for me?

IMG_0099.JPG

If the red numbers were not faded or bleached out, here is what they would look like (from my pics)

IMG_3130.JPG

Hmmm it is something strange with my filters...