Age of some K-horns

Retep

Hi 

Im looking into getting myself a pair of K-horns.  I need some help to get the age and type of K-horns im looking at. 

The picture is from the speakers im looking at.

Can somone help me with some information? 

Is there any knows fault with these? 

Thankful for any help I can get.

Peter 

Norway 

IMG_0442-1.jpeg

Klipschorn E    the E stands for Europe or Export

KC-BR  stands for Klipschorn - C style ( no collar between the top and bottom section ) - Birch Raw

the N in the serial number stands for1975 and they should have the pie slice logo's

there shouldn't be anything wrong with them. i personally think the older the better.

the labels are in mint condition so hopefully the speakers are also in mint condition

1 hour ago, Retep said:

Hi 

Im looking into getting myself a pair of K-horns.  I need some help to get the age and type of K-horns im looking at. 

The picture is from the speakers im looking at.

Can somone help me with some information? 

Is there any knows fault with these? 

Thankful for any help I can get.

Peter 

Norway 

IMG_0442-1.jpeg

The letter "N" in the serial number denotes a manufacturing date of 1975.

The "K-C-BR" stands for Klipschorn, Type C (no collar), Birch Raw (unfinished Birch).

Unless they are damaged in some way (drivers or cabinets) there wouldn't be anything inherently wrong with them.

Hope that helps...

Well if you can afford it go for it. Those cross overs alone were around 400 bucks I think. Some that nice would approach  that price in US now anyway. I thinks a no brainer BUY THEM. They are plug in listen to and nice looking. Don't forget the top section comes off for transporting.

Norway is a much different market... getting US pricing from here is not useful.

I would have to say that anything from 1000-1500 (not counting modifications) over the usa price is reasonable. In the US, those would sell in the 2000-200 range.

Off the guy 3000 and be very happy when he says yes.