1964 Klipschorn - anyone know the driver specs?

onemoretime

It sure looks like it, based on pics of the rear. It's been boarded up in back, which was not uncommon then and I've seen similar done by the factory on newer models.

The only thing that gives me pause is the front, where it looks like it has a traditional cone woofer. Game over if that's the case, clearly.

For some reason I'm tempted to look since it's close and now I'm curious.

Okay, just to clear the air. I make a wisecrack and so did others.

My impression is that it is home made by a fellow who was a very good woodworker and was working with high quality driver components because he knew something of the speaker art.  A labor of love.  He must have known a lot. The "tuning" knobs are obviously L-pads for the drivers.

The seller injected the year of 1964 for some reason.  It was a year when "stereo" was high tech and so it makes sense that the builder only made one.

There is an incongruity between the seller's comments and the high quality of the build.  Maybe these were built by an uncle who passed away and he found Klipsch papers in the uncle's papers and had heard comments by the uncle. In my view, the builder was very righteous on speaker technology and woodworking..  

I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't know much about the truth of the matter, rather than outright fraud.  A close call.  (I'm often distressed over the number of people who can't put batteries in a flashlight but somehow wind up dealing with technology Still they can write up something impressive.

It may be that the components are worth some fraction of the asking price.

WMcD

Well--with the WWW  being available to anyone with a phone or computer,

it's pretty easy to look up ANY product and probably see a picture so you can at least

claim some validity for your product you're hawking om E-Bay.

In the information age--stupidity is less of an excuse.

4 minutes ago, rebuy said:

Well--with the WWW  being available to anyone with a phone or computer,

it's pretty easy to look up ANY product and probably see a picture so you can at least

claim some validity for your product you're hawking om E-Bay.

In the information age--stupidity is less of an excuse.

What do you do when you don't know what product you have?

19 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

What do you do when you don't know what product you have?

You look it up---try to see a picture if it--that was my point--if your product and the picture

does NOT match---it is probably not what you thought it was--but you do Not call it what you

thought it was anyway--that's deceptive.

15 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Better wording: What do you do when you (incorrectly) believe you know what product you have?

He included an ad with a sketch which depicted Klipsch Products.

His item did Not resemble products in ad--Now you tell me......