Rescued La Scala Rehab Thread

SiliconTi

I have run into another issue - my son and wife want me to keep them in the living room. 

My wife loves the sound, and my son thinks they look cool. Hmmm... Not what I had in mind, however, it is a room perfectly suited to them. My son hooked up his iPod to listen to his favorite songs (he's 10), and I played a CD my wife and I listened to with him when he was an infant - she loved the way it sounded.

I wanted them at my office, but it will be weeks before I can move them. I guess I'll leave them here for a bit. I run a Denon AVR-3803 in there which not only has excellent amps in it (100W x 7 even at all channels driven), but has a Burr-Brown DAC for each channel. Sound has always been terrific, and should work w ell with these speakers.

I'll report back in time.

OK, I finally have these sorted out. Turn out one of the woofers had an intermittent connection too. They are at 100%. I do think I'll change the mid crossover to tone them down a bit, but in the meantime I just cut 1500Hz down a couple DB with my EQ. YAY!

On 2/14/2017 at 8:32 PM, djk said:

Move the mid down to tap #3, and either add a 15Ω resistor in parallel with the mid, or change the cap to 6.8µF.

OK, I can not move it down to tap 3, as that 3 is on the opposite side. Do you mean tap 2?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you meant, move it down as pictured on the schematic. Got it.

Yeah thanks for the help all.

I have run into another minor issue - my wife (who *loves* the La Scalas, and in the past could not have cared less) and son will not let the Mac 4100 back to the office. My wife's suggestion: buy another! See, that is why I love her :-)