Emotiva, Ebay store, trade ins

teaman

2 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Bought that ERC-1 for $142.  I've found recently I'd like to have just CD audio playing without having peripherals on, so the Oppo can get bumped to BluRay duty.

Me have oppo 105

u have ERC-1

me thinking possibility of separate CD or CD transport for 2 channel

u receive, listen, feedback 2 me

• Like 2

For $150 or less it was hard for me to not jump on it myself. I'll bet they would have accepted a $125 offer Michael. The Ebay store drops huge for best offers because the trade in values they offer up are so low. I have offered hundreds less than asking on some listings and they have agreed. Not that the price you paid was high by any means. 

I hope you enjoy the new cd player. I have owned all three ERC models and they all sound fantastic!

2 hours ago, IbizaFlame said:

Bought that ERC-1 for $142.  I've found recently I'd like to have just CD audio playing without having peripherals on, so the Oppo can get bumped to BluRay duty.

Which oppo are you using? I did a lot of A/B comparison with with an ERC-2 and BDP-95. I definitely preferred the Oppo. I never turn on the tv when just playing a CD. The ERC-2 is the best player I've ever used for reading over old scratched CD's. Nothing makes it skip. 

28 minutes ago, W27 said:

Which oppo are you using? 

I'm using the 103.  

I'd prefer a dedicated CD player mainly because there are times I'll have a CD I want to play while using the computer, and since the computer is a mini and runs through the TV...the Oppo option isn't always the best.  There are ways around it, but a CD player on it's own is just ease of use.  Not in any way knocking how the Oppo sounds.