Klipschorns and Cornwalls

baron167

3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

If the "P" designation is correct in the serial number, the Khorns were NOT purchased for fourteen G's, since they indicate a 1976 manufacture date.

Agree Claude.  That seems to me such an oddly ignorant exaggerated claim from somebody who claims to have bought these new.

+++

And likewise, the Cornwall CL ad.  The owner says they are "klipschorn model C-WO floor unit speaker" when the label clearly says "Cornwall." 

The language is similar enough for me to believe it is the same seller in each case, and in each case the seller clearly does not know what he has, even though the asking prices for each are in the ballpark.

I wonder what the story is?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baron167 said:

I just got a reply that it is only 1 Klipschorn and that he would sell the Cornwalls and Klipschorn together for $3500. I'm sure he would!

That doesn't help Baron, that only makes the story more weird.  :wacko:

+++

We have a SINGLE Khorn for the usual selling price of a pair, and the ad doesn't point that out, the language is only in the singular?  That deception can't be by accident.  Is the Seller going to take a deposit and then keep it when the Buyer backs out when he finds the sale is for one speaker? 

I'm sorry but this has SCAM written all over it.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 2:42 PM, wvu80 said:

That doesn't help Baron, that only makes the story more weird.  :wacko:

+++

We have a SINGLE Khorn for the usual selling price of a pair, and the ad doesn't point that out, the language is only in the singular?  That deception can't be by accident.  Is the Seller going to take a deposit and then keep it when the Buyer backs out when he finds the sale is for one speaker? 

I'm sorry but this has SCAM written all over it.

I don't think it's a scam. He said it's only 1 Klipschorn. I think the seller is not very bright and somehow thinks the googling he did provided him with accurate pricing. And it's only 1 Cornwall. And he has 1 Heresy! Crazy.

1 hour ago, baron167 said:

I don't think it's a scam. He said it's only 1 Klipschorn. I think the seller is not very bright and somehow thinks the googling he did provided him with accurate pricing. And it's only 1 Cornwall. And he has 1 Heresy! Crazy.

There was one genius in my town who would just buy 1 speaker from good will, go home and do some googling/listening and maybe come back for the other one.

One time he got 1 hpm 40 and right on his heels I got the other one. As I was wandering through the store, I noticed he was putting it back. I still checked out that 1 only - cos I needed a woofer for my other one which someone had "radioshacked". I still have those hpm40's.

Cool.

Srinath.