Icon VF-35 / VF-36 Speakers Opinions?

absolve2525

The V series is competitive with at least the entry RP lines.  There were assortments of different Icon lines, with these being some of the better ones.  You should be able to command decent sound out of them without too much effort.  (Real) Reference without the copper.

I had the Icon VF 36 and 35's.  I still have the 35's since 2011.  I liked both and think they sound great.  Without very loud music the Reference lines as a slight edge but, I am talking very loud near the amp/avr limits.  You may be able to get a pair for $129 -149 for a pair of VF 36 and VF 35's respectively.

I had the VF35's, VC25 center and the VS14 surrounds. They were pretty decent for the price but then I discovered this forum. 

What a ride it's been the last 6 years! Here are some comparison pics with the RF7II's and RC-64II. The grills are not removable on the VF35s and only the center grill can be removed on the VC25, IIRC, the VF36's have removable grills.

xXRJ9XJh.jpgMFPdK5gh.jpg43KXdB1h.jpg