RSW 10, KSW 15 or LF 10?

Stephen328

Out of these, I would pick the Klipsch RSW-10. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung SP55W3HF (55" Rear-Projection 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

I like the LF10 that I got much better than the KSW200 and think that if you are kind with and do not force it to extremes, that it is a great little sub for the money:

LF10 KSW200 Variance

Size 14 18 4

Paid $450 $300 $150

Weight 49 69 20 Lbs.

Watts @ 1% THD 500 (10 ohms) 200 (4 ohms) 300

Output 120 101 19 dB

Purchased 2000 1999 1 year

Low response ± 3dB 19 29 10 Hz.

High response ± 3dB 100 120 20 Hz.

Roll-off 36 24 12 dB

Firing direction Side (3) Down

Speaker area 3 x 10 12 18" area

Floorspace 1 2 1

------------------

Colin's Music System Ak-2 Khorns & Klipsch subs; lights out, tubes glowing & smile beaming!

• 5 weeks later...

I vote for the RSW10,have one and many other subs,most much more expensive and the RSW10 holds its own in quality against any sub!

I also have the KSW12 and 15,good for a starter HT or mega PC system.In comparison the KSW series is colored and lacks the bass definition(yes I always use this word)of the RSW or Velodyne HGS series.

Just my two cents

• 2 weeks later...

hey if you want to stay on the cheaper side, i would go with the infinty entra IL 100. If i were you i would stay a away from a 15. They are not acurate the bass is loose and sounds muffled. Unless you want your house to just rattle apart. If you like tons and tons of bass go with the rsw10, but if you want a fast moving and acurate sub for cheap look into the infinity. But stay away from the 15 and and the LF 100, i think that sub sounds worse than the 15, i really don't like any sub over 10 because all it does is add loudness and punch, i'd rather have clear tight bass that is really really acurate.

My comment above doesnt make much sense. I will see if I can pull the numbers apart, but since your profile does not list the loudspeakers which you have, we can only make general suggestions. What music/movies do you like, what is the room like?

In general, the Klipsch KSW series will give you the most punch for the money (if you do not have any mid or lower bass response now). The RSW series will give you the most midbass punch of most midpriced retail subwoofers. The SVS tubes will dig far deeper for the money than any other conventional retail sub.

I like my LF10 much better than my KSW200 and think that if you are kind with it and do not force it to extremes, that it is a great little sub for the money. Here is how they compare:

Differences: LF10 - KSW200 = Variance

Size: 14 - 18 = 4 larger

Paid: $450 new - $300 clearance = $150 more

Weight: 49 - 69 = 20 pounds heavier

Watts @ 1% THD: 500 (10 ohms) - 200 (4 ohms) = Apples to oranges, but the LF10 has more power

Output: 120 - 101 = 19-dB greater (a lot more apples)

Purchased: 2000 - 1999 = 1 year

Low response +/- 3-dB: 19 - 29 = 10 Hz. = more of the deep stuff

High response +/- 3-dB: 100 - 120 = Top end is lower too

Roll-off: 36 - 24 = Steeper curves

Firing direction: Side (3) - Down Side better for punch?

Speaker area: 3 x10 - 1 x 12 = 18" greater loudspeaker area

Floorspace: 1 - 2 = 1 smaller

In other words, I think that for an extra $150, I got a subwoofer that is 20 pounds heavier, 20 pounds heavier, with more power, more output, deeper bass, less upper bass and quicker roll-off (both make for better integration with full range loudspeakers), more cone area and 1 smaller footprint. Makes me wish I could have invested another $150 and gotten something better.

Some people believe that the bigger the loudspeaker, the better. This certainly seems to apply with subwoofers, where the size of the amplifier, driver and cone all need to be as large as possible to effectively recreate the enormous energy and large wave size of bass notes. Buy the largest, most powerful sub you can afford. It anchors the music and movies.

2.gif

Stephen try the psb subsonic 6,Just received shipment of my 2 psb's,Blows the ksw15 away,If you want nice tight base with out a boom and you want to feel it get psb 6 only,or two if you can buy it,2 psb 6 will sound like the rsw15,compared the rsw15 with two psb's,I have my psb's placed both at the front wall in the corners one on each side of my tv beside my lascalas,Room 23 x20 I have my settings on 100 and volume 1/2 on each one,If you have a smaller room go with a single,even sounds great with a single sub,Just take my advice Pay for it, and ask if you can try it and bring it back if you don;t like it.You won't be disapointed.2.gif