Looks like I have a problem

dtel

12 hours ago, dtel said:

I should have just used a blower and moved the dust to an area she does clean, problem solved, except for getting in trouble.

I was thinking the same thing after I posted last night.  Fire up the air compressor, hook up the air nozzle to the hose, and have at it.  I wouldn't feel bad though.  I've moved stuff in the house before and have found that the dust has created subdivisions and recreation areas.  My mother-in-law says not to fret.  Your house is 'lived in.'

• Moderators

I'm not really worried about it, it's just hard to believe it builds up so much and makes such a mess. It makes you think air circulation get's into every little crack and space, and your breathing probably more of it than you would think. I remember many years ago I liked certain incense, until I realized that the smoke just settles as dust on everything, so we had switched to the oil burners, don't really use anything regularly anymore.

But as long as it does not clog any vents and cause something to overheat I tend to ignore the hard to get to places until I have to do it, I'm not a clean freak that's for sure. 

27 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

My mother-in-law says not to fret.  Your house is 'lived in.'

It's kind of how we feel, everyone who has been here knows, were not clean freaks but it's not really dirty, just not always perfectly straightened. I can say with the amount of traffic at times, it would almost be a full time job to keep everything perfectly in it's place and really clean, it will never happen here.

As far as large speakers in the living room and around the house, my wife has a saying, "if it offends you or you don't like it, you don't have to come back, it's not a problem really." She can say that because she picked out the biggest ones we have, they were her choice. :emotion-19:

• Like 1

I remember Marshall saying that he would occasionally sut up a shop vac with water in the tank, and let it run for a while (couple hrs,  maybe longer). It suck enough dust out of the air he had mud in the bottom of the vac.

I would use a large, soft bristle paint brush on the cables and have a shop vac hose up close to pull it in while you brush. We do that on computers at work. At home I take them outside and use a leaf blower on them (I don't have an air compressor). Works great...

Bruce