What to buy?(Reciever)

chrisklip

Greg... I have not purchased from their referbs, but I think they pack the full manufactures warranty. Not sure though. Don't they have any of that info on the site? Kinda bummed in a way because they didn't have any of the DVD50's on this site when I purchased one about 2 months ago. Could have saved about $150.00 or so.

If a AVR-8000 comes up though, I will seriously have to look at one of those. I hear they sound incredible.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on your question.

------------------

Klipsch Gear (Proud to be 100% Klipsch)s>c>

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* InFocus ScreenPlay 110 DLP Projectors>c>

Computer and Game Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had the denon 2802 since last october and have not once regretted choosing it over something else. i know this may be a dumb question, but what is the big difference from the 2802 and 3802 besides ALOT of $$$ and a few more inputs? are the amps/components a higher grade, or is it just more bells and whistles that jack up the price?

the 2802 is 90W/channel...and my SF2's ROCK with that. i imagine your Synergy system (and wallet) will thank you if you go with the 2802. Smile.gif

------------------

SF-2 mains

sc-1 center

kb1.1 rears

ksw-12 sub

denon 2802

This message has been edited by b-man1 on 09-25-2002 at 03:57 PM

I almost went with an HK before I got my 3802--all I can say is that although a great product, it was just too ugly to put in my living room. That back lit display really bothered me. Enough that I didn't buy it.

I really do love my Denon and to be fair to it, I probably would have gone with the Denon anyway.

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

This message has been edited by krusty46 on 09-25-2002 at 05:30 PM

Ouch Krusty... Ouch! icon12.gif

------------------

Klipsch Gear (Proud to be 100% Klipsch)s>c>

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* InFocus ScreenPlay 110 DLP Projectors>c>

Computer and Game Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-25-2002 at 08:25 PM

bman1, I agree with you. The 3802 has a little more watts per channel I believe, a few more inputs, and a different remote. To me it wasn't worth the extra money. Just like the top of the line receivers, what would I do with all of that. Most people have no use for all of that. I have enough empty inputs in mine the way it is.

------------------

27" 3 line digital comb filter JVC TV

Denon AVR-2802 Receiver

Denon CDM-270 CD Player

Aiwa DVD Player (sucks)

Klipsch RF3-II's Fronts

Klipsch RC3-II Center

Infinity HPS-250 Subwoofer

Yamaha ??? surrounds

69"X76" Hand made oak entertainment center.

You can pick up a Yamaha RX-V1 for $999 right now, I just did. New, sealed, & an authorized dealer. $31 shipping & no tax is nice. This "Flagship" retailed for THIRTY TWO HUNDRED FREAKING DOLLARS! If you can't swing the additional $299, do a Denon. The 3802 can be had for $699 also from the same dealer. Very reputable. Good luck.

WRONG. The Dealer I'm referring to is FACTORY AUTHORIZED Yamaha, Denon, Sony ES, and many more. The manufacturers websites reflect this as well. The LAST thing I would do is steer someone toward some "greaser scam outlet". Been down that road...If someone feels like paying 200% mark up, with TAXES in addition, great. That's not my business. I simply am offering an alternative. I have NO INENTION in being HOSED locally. I used to be in this business, and am well aware of the MARKUP. Tell me ONE REASON I should pay 2-3 times as much for something locally, when I can buy from an AUTHORIZED DEALER ONLINE?