Bob Carver Sunfire cinema grand five channel amp & Processor

Rxonmymind

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

You do have it under control.  Now that you have a Sunfire, you don't need to look at another multichannel amp again.  I love my seven, and I'm only using five for now.

+1 to that . I like my 7201...wish I had another......

George.

11 hours ago, fuzzydog said:

Do you have your front speakers plugged into the voltage source or current source?  What's the difference supposed to be anyway, voltage and current are related by ohm's law.  

I "think" that's more for those who are going to use it as Bi-amped vs Bi-wiring. I had it all set up to do the former then realized that they are two different functions. So I have it wired as current source for now. Also from reading one is supposed to provide more of a "tube" sound but the reviews I've read have been mixed on this. Hope that helps. 

On 7/6/2017 at 2:19 PM, dtr20 said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Sunfire true subwoofers? 

Powerful and loud for size, IMO more musical in a well damped carpeted room.  Small form factor/power ratio is the draw with these subwoofers.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:32 PM, fuzzydog said:

I've read that they'll walk across the floor, but i have no experience with them myself.

Yes they will walk across a tile or wood floor.  I placed some rubber furniture pads below the feet and it stayed in place.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's earned a semi permanent spot as it did so well in the bedroom. I think it looks rather nice there in place of the Marantz 2500  

This Sunfires combo has more "solid" masculine texture to the sound of the music while having good detail, definitely depth and speed. The music for the most part stages itself just a touch behind the speakers so in that sense one could say it's a laid-back. The only drawback to this combo is I wish it would loosen up just a tad bit but I will take a focused sound rather than one that's out of focus.

I had it up loud for a couple hours in close proximity while I was working out and it did not fatigue my ears which I'm grateful for. 

A good solid all-around performer with a variety of music. 

IMG_20170717_112402.jpg

• Like 1