45' Monoprice Active High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet and Free Shipping for $11.99

Youthman

You know, this reminds me.... The HDMI cable I have running from my receiver to the projector I think is a problem (Unless its the receiver itself or the projector itself).  It plays movies from the Apple TV just fine, however the blu ray player can be an issue when playing 3D movies (not that we even have a desire to do that anymore).  At times it just wouldn't play anything if I put in a 3D movie.  And whenever its displaying the main bluray menu (not the movie menu) the screen constantly flickers...like white static lines will go from the bottom of the screen to the top, it also does that when playing a 3D movie.

Optoma HD141x 1080p 3D DLP Projector

Receiver - Yamaha RxV675 Natural Sound 7.1+2

Twisted Veins 50’ High Speed HDMI

Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (2014 Model)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, supercooldude said:

The HDMI cable I have running from my receiver to the projector I think is a problem (Unless its the receiver itself or the projector itself).  It plays movies from the Apple TV just fine

That's my dilemma too.  I don't know if having a new projector with an old PS3 is the issue?  Is it the receiver that's missing the handshake?  Interestingly enough, when I switch to AppleTV, it ALWAYS works perfectly.  Never had the screen turn blue but I OFTEN have it turn blue (just did it last night) when powering up the system with PS3 as the source.  It's always a pain to get them to sync up.  Sometimes I have to switch inputs on the projector, sometimes it's switching inputs on the receiver.  Sometimes I have to turn everything off and then back on again.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

3 hours ago, Youthman said:

That's my dilemma too.  I don't know if having a new projector with an old PS3 is the issue?  Is it the receiver that's missing the handshake?  Interestingly enough, when I switch to AppleTV, it ALWAYS works perfectly.  Never had the screen turn blue but I OFTEN have it turn blue (just did it last night) when powering up the system with PS3 as the source.  It's always a pain to get them to sync up.  Sometimes I have to switch inputs on the projector, sometimes it's switching inputs on the receiver.  Sometimes I have to turn everything off and then back on again.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

Thats exactly what I go through. If I remember right I even bypassed the receiver all together, I can't remember if it did any good!  It must not have.

And I can forget trying to put in a 3D blu ray....

Hmmm this warrants further investigation!

I bought a 100' high speed Ethernet cable from Mono Price and was completely satisfied.  Can't remember the cost, but it was so low I was very surprised.  I needed to hard wire a desk top PC in the basement, and router was on the top floor.  Works great.  d.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 7:19 AM, supercooldude said:

I'm sure this has been discussed a LOT, but is there a big audio difference between the Apple TV/iTunes tracks vs a blu ray?  

I ask because I don't want get up and down putting discs in and out like the cavemen did!

Yes unfortunately.  In todays streaming world everything is compressed.   Some compression is better than others but even 4k streaming does not match a blu ray for picture or sound.  Apple and hbo imo are better than most