GONE: Dynaco FM5 Free*

DizRotus

Yours for the *actual cost of shipping.  The unit is in the photo under a Quadaptor and chip amp.  It was purchased several years ago on eBay.  It works fine and pulls in all the local stations when connected to a Radio Shack Archer antenna in my attic.  It is cosmetically OK.  The dial lights and the needle works.  The switches and pot work.  If you're handy with a soldering iron this could be a good deal.  If you're not, pass on this.  If I were keeping this, I would check all solder connections inside.  It will occasionally drop one channel, but a mild tap to the case will restore it.

test_bench.JPG

On 10/6/2017 at 9:21 PM, billybob said:

It sounds like a nice project Neil and is decent besides. Nice offering, imo...

Thanks.  Do you recognize the well travelled phono preamp?  The second diyaudio forum member to respond was in Hong Kong, a much greater distance than a couple of Florida to Michigan round trips.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks.  Do you recognize the well traveled phono preamp?  The second diyaudio forum member to respond was in Hong Kong, a much great distance than a couple of Florida to Michigan round trips.

Yes, I did take note of that at the time. Guess it is a keeper, as it is as said, well travelled. And to think,

those poor Post Office personnel, were almost convinced that I was correct, and that they did indeed have it. Sorry, but I still get a big hoot and a laugh at my silly mistake(s) this being a very good example Neil...:blush2::emotion-21:

BTW, I always double check now when at PO or other...:lol:

Thanks!

Oh and congrats to whoever received the Dynaco, wherever they are...:emotion-21: