Klipsch quality seems to be unmatched, my review of my first klipsch speakers.

afraid

WOW! After a year of best buy speakers i must say i never knew a speaker could sound this good. I had two sony 215's for the fronts and 115's i think for the rears. The worst part of it all is the cerwin vega center i had. Blagh! Thay must have made that mother with **** , cause thats what it sounded like. Hell, i had to put a ratshack dipole tweeter on top of it to get any treble. After i bought that i commited the worst mistake of my life, an Optimus 10" subwoofer. Dont need to say any more.... Thank god for pawn shops. Got enough money to grab my first pair of Klipsch, my SB-1's. They may not be top of the line, but there damn fine. Since i have a small room i ony need small speakers and a good sub.

They perform great and have really sweet highs. They take everything i put into it, ramstein, titan ae, gladiator etc...

all at very high volumes.

Cant wait to get the rest of the set.!

I felt the same not long ago...A few months back I needed a pair of fronts. So I went to The Wiz, and auditioned JBL, Polk, Bose, and Klipsch. Well, I thought JBL and Polk sounded similar on the cd I brought...Then,I asked him to switch on the Klipsch...They were a pair of SB3s, and because of their increased efficiency, the had a ton more 'presence', so he had to turn them down to the same volume the others played at...STill, they sounded better. Alot better. funny, cause I was planning on buying floor standing speakers, but these SB3s just blew me away..Besides, all the towers come with 6.5" woofers, and my SB3s have 8". Between the SF1 and the SB3, I'd take the SB3. Jumping up in price, I might have opted for the SF2, but it would be close, thats how good the SB3s are. Anyway, it always surprises me how when you read people's reviews, theyre always talking about the Paradigms, or NHT or PSB, etc, and leaving out the Klipsch...It makes no sense, cause they can hold their own against any of these.

• 3 weeks later...

Afraid,

I too purchased SB-3 for mains a couple of months ago. Have them perched on FurnitureWorks stands. Nice look for Family room ! Then went back weeks later and picked up SC-1 center (wife commented that obsession was/is building!) Purchased Onkyo TX676 yesterday to replace antiquity of a receiver after much agonizing research. Will move the SB-3s to rear in fall and pick up towers and maybe HSU sub. Anyway I know that feeling you get when you tell people that you own Klipsch. Enjoy!

I have owned KLF20s for almost two years now, and enjoy them immensely. I think they represent one of the greatest bargains in audio. Though they can be a bit unrefined at times, the dynamics and presence are so real and wonderful, it's hard to believe the price.

But let me tell you, if you cannot aford KLF20s, or if they are just too darn big for your room, you cannot lose with the SB3s. I LOVE those speakers. A good friend of mine has a pair hooked up to an NAD C740 receiver and C540 CD player. Wow!

All things the same, I'd chose the RB5s over the SB3s. BUT, The RB4s cost more than half again as much, and I don't think the difference between the two are that great. The SB3 is just a fantastic speaker. I think it ranks up their with the old Advents and old KLHs (in Henry Koss' days), but better. Could become a classic if marketed correctly.

I haven't heard the SB1s, but I bet they are sweet too.

Have fun and welcome! The Klipsch sound is a lot of fun!

Snooker - There is another thread going on in this forum about the Quintets, and their music handling ability (in fact, it's a thread you started). From what I've read here, they seem to do great for HT but are a little light in the music area. What percentage of your use will be HT vs music? If music will be a consideration, you might want to check out the Klipsch System 6. See the product info on this site under Home Audio. Also, your dealer may not know it as System 6, but rather by the model numbers of the individual component speakers.

Doug