Klipsch reference r28 f. Best stereo receiver?

Rambo$ambo

I just purchased a set of the floor standing Klipsch Reference R28-F speakers. I am aiming to use them mainly for listening to music currently. I currently have a Sherwood Stereo Receiver RX-4109 and when I'm listening to music I've noticed some static coming from the tweeters. Is that due from the speakers simply being broke in or should I look to get a better receiver? 

I've noticed that on Klipsch speakers before.  With previous amplification I've had if you put your ear to the tweeter you could hear a soft hiss when there wasn't any signal being played.  High sensitivity speakers can reveal things like this.

5 hours ago, Rambo$ambo said:

I just don't want to ruin these speakers because of an underpowered receiver/amp.

Sherwood should be 2X100 W, so I would not say underpowered in any way for your speakers.

In what condition is the Sherwood? How old is it? If kept in a dusty or humid environment the dirt may be to blame.

And I would be checking the connections from the receiver to the speakers. Speaker cables, interconnects if any etc.

If speakers are new, then I would tend to seek the source of that crackling somewhere else.