RP Wireless System for HT

FHA

Hello, please clarify.....WISA compliance clarification: I attended the 2015 CES convention in Vegas where Klipsch announced the wireless RP HT system. Rep announced the technology had been developed in conjunction with WISA compliances. Just to clarify for any readers not familiar with W.I.S.A. It is a regulatory group similar to the tenets of Dolby to allow a manufacturer to place their logo on their products and meet their tech guidelines etc... W.I.S.A. Was founded in 2011. For any manufacturer to advertise and label their product as WISA compliant MUST meet several requirements and product testing. Among other requirements of performance and standards is the product ensures "Interoperability of Wireless HI-Def audio speakers/ systems". I recently purchased the RP 5.1 system,including HUB, and decided to go with either Polk or Sonos WISA certified speakers for my ceiling thus creating a 7.1 system. I was told by several vendors that your "RP Wireless" is not WISA certified as your RP wireless system is really a stand alone configuration. Basically the system only works if I use your speakers for my HT. As of now you don't offer ceiling or in wall speakers which would have resolved this dilemma but regardless if I had opted to go with rear speakers I would still be in the same boat. I called Klipsch customer service and they confirmed what I have just stated. I then contacted WISA itself and they advised Klipsch is an active member along with several competitors which do in fact provide for a cross section of wireless products which are labeled with the WISA logo and meet all the pre-requisite of all their required regs, no exceptions. I discussed the matter with them in detail and they advised to contact Klipsch for clarification. They noted what my inquiry and stated they were unaware of the situation. I was provided a contact # and a reference number to convey your company's response if the product did not meet any of the requirements for membership purposes. It should be noted that all authorized members meet their guidelines and pay a one time yearly membership fee of $5,000.00. 

So I desperately need clarification on this issue as I've spent several thousand dollars for a system based on Klipsch advertising and no mention of an alternative to facilitate my needs. Maybe I'm missing something, such as in order to allow the use of other vendor products to interoperate which is what I need. Is there some type of workaround, firmware upgrade, eliminate hub or what? 

Is the solution to run the entire system using one of the new wireless compatible AV tuners or is your product truly stand alone and does not meet WISA guidelines? Please advise as soon as you can as I would like to get the system going and have scheduled to have everything installed professionally. Thanks

• Moderators

I have no idea about WISA, but it kind of sounds like some of the past scams, THX, and some of the Dolby format logos, pay to play.

If it's going to be professionally installed, why wireless ?

Just curious, and Welcome, I hope you get some answers.

Just go with Klipsch all around.  You can easily wall or ceiling mount any of the powered speakers that will work with your system.  Mount them to brackets designed for that purpose.  Then you won't be carving huge holes in your wall or ceiling and you can easily reconfigure everything in the future if you wish to.

Everything will sound much better also.