Lehmann?

rplace

3 minutes ago, Schu said:

It's good to direct link to the product...

I figured anyone with worthwhile input would already know more about it than I do. If your checking it out for the first time, probably no help. But thanks for the posting advice....too bad Google does not work for you.

Manufacturers propaganda:

https://www.lehmannaudio.com/phono-stages/black-cube-se-ii.html

Most honest review I could come across. Rega is on my list Musical Fidelity M1 not made anymore.:

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/lehmann-audio-black-cube-se-ii-mmmc-phono-preamp-reviewed

Discussion quickly turns to alternatives not much on the actual piece in question:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/lehmann-black-cube-ii-se-best-phono-amp-in-the-1-k-range.646928/

Happy?

After reading everything I could get my hands on about the Lehmann I bought one three weeks ago. Have not hooked it up yet so no review, sorry. Can't hook it up yet as we are still in a rental after the fire.  Going to be using it with a Sound-Smith HO Zephyr MkIII into a PrimaLuna integrated. Looking forward to hearing it.

Oh @jorjen you big tease. I got as far as "....I bought one three weeks ago" then got all excited to read what you thought.

Sorry to hear about the fire. More pressing matters than audio at the moment, I imagine. Good luck. Looking at your signature I noted the Origin tonearm. I too have a Silver but MK 2. Are you sticking with the 2M Black cartridge or moving to MC with the Lehmann. What else was on your short list? I was considering the Mac MP100, Rega Aria, MUSICAL SURROUNDINGS PHONOMENA II+, PS Audio NuWave, Music Fidelity MX-VYNL.

Lot of good writings about the MS Phonomena and I like the way to change the various settings over the Lehmann, but the separate power supply is appealing on the Lehmann as in the German engineering. I will welcome your thoughts.

On 12/22/2017 at 4:34 AM, rplace said:

Oh @jorjen you big tease. I got as far as "....I bought one three weeks ago" then got all excited to read what you thought.

Sorry to hear about the fire. More pressing matters than audio at the moment, I imagine. Good luck. Looking at your signature I noted the Origin tonearm. I too have a Silver but MK 2. Are you sticking with the 2M Black cartridge or moving to MC with the Lehmann. What else was on your short list? I was considering the Mac MP100, Rega Aria, MUSICAL SURROUNDINGS PHONOMENA II+, PS Audio NuWave, Music Fidelity MX-VYNL.

Lot of good writings about the MS Phonomena and I like the way to change the various settings over the Lehmann, but the separate power supply is appealing on the Lehmann as in the German engineering. I will welcome your thoughts.

Changed the gear in my signature to reflect current system.

Living in a rental home until our home is ready for re-occupancy in February. Don't want to go through all the mounting and set-up, etc. for something temporary. Plus we do not really have the room in this house.

I have gone from MC and associated equipment back to MM. I figured that was good enough to suck me into this hobby in the late sixties, early seventies so it should be good enough now.

The Lehmann is the first phonostage I have owned that will be strictly for MM. I was also attracted to the separate PS. My previous experience with MC only stages in my system included the Simaudio Moon with PS(solid-state), the Coincident Statement(tube), the Allnic H-1201(tube), Manley Chinook(tube) and the Zesto Andros(tube). The rest of my system was considerably more "high end" than it is now also but I know I will enjoy the new version very much as well. The Allnic gear is some of my all-time favorite stuff. Sounds fantastic, great to look at and extremely well built. I would get into it again if I had the dough. The Coincident was a very nice phonostage as well.