J. Geils Band Mcintosh MC-275

jimjimbo

J. Geils, the man, had a Ferrari restoration business in Connecticut for many years after the band broke up.

Peter Egan wrote about it in Road & Track.  The following is from the Sevens & Elans website:

P1010054.jpg“One of my long time customers, Joe Perry, with his sons and their Cosworth engined 7, after an update by Sevens & Elans. Steven Tyler also has one. When I first met Joe, I had no idea who he was, but I did know who Aerosmith was, after he told me! After gigs, Steven would be picked up at the airport in his 7, so he could gaze at the stars on his way home.

Continuing on in the music vein J. Geils told me that he also used to own an S2 Lotus 7. His stories of driving home from the airport, in the rain, with no top, were funny.

I also introduced Peter Egan, a fan of J. Geils, to J., when Peter borrowed a Caterham 7 to drive around New England, for a Road & Track article. Peter eventually wrote another article on his meeting with J. for Road & Track. Peter and his wife Barbara flew out and stayed with me in Cambridge, MA. Unfortunately, I was unable to meet them as I was out at a Rolling Stones concert. So, I left my keys under the floor mat. When we got back they were watching my videoed re runs of the Prisoner!  We went out to meet J., at his Ferrari restoration shop and then Peter and Barb went off on their trip. Amusingly I was off to the UK the next day, so left them the keys to my condo and garage! They are both wonderful people and his article about the trip was, as usual, highly entertaining.”

Not sure what a provenance of J. Geils ownership does to the value.

Seems a bit steep for an unrestored amp whether J touched it or not. But I guess some people are in to that ? Although I did sell a tube amp to famed designer John Varvatos and believe my name attached to it brought my asking plus shipping! I imagine he is still talking about its famous previous owner ----

• Haha 1