Longshot WTB: Bose 601 Series iii 8" woofer

avguytx

Yeah, I know the blasphemy in asking for a Bose woofer in a Klipsch forum but you just never know.  I've got a pair I picked up years ago cheap and one woofer has candle wax on it from where someone apparently spilled it on the top of one of the grills.  Needless to say, the grill was recovered along with the rest.  It's an 8" 16-ohm woofer in case anyone just happens to have one tucked away somewhere for whatever reason.  I'm just trying to fix this last part up and get these sold off.  It's almost stupid what a pair of 601 Series iii's go for on the auction site.

Thanks...

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes, I was going to go with the recone kit if I couldn't find a woofer after a week search when I started this quest on Saturday.  My buddy Dave at Speakerworks in Tulsa said that recone kit will be fine as they both buy from the same distributor.  It has to be a 16 ohm woofer and not an 8 ohm so this lets me keep it original.  I emailed Simply Speakers and they said all they had was the 16 ohm recone kit and not a replacement 16 ohm woofer.  Reconing it keeps it as close to original as I can get.