WTB single La Scala for HT center channel

moriceman

Howdy,

Please let my people know if your people know of a La Scala collecting dust or being used as a storage rack somewhere.  I couldn't split up a happy home if the La Scala is being cared for and loved. 

I only need one, so maybe someone out there wants to split a pair with me.  AA would be preferable in order to match my existing pair for the center channel.

Thanks!

Moriceman from N'Awlins

I used a Belle as a center channel between k-horns  for years in my HT setup and don't miss it now that I sold it ...  My KLF-C7 does just as good of a job and it's much easier to position correctly then a 125lb beast .

I can see using a impedance matched speaker in a 3 channel setup as PWK played with years past ... but in a HT system no so much , the information is more vocal then full range in the center channel .

I however can see using a large volume speaker for applications involving larger sq/ft .... but few of us have HT rooms in our residence that would really benefit from that.

My HT was Frt K-horns , center Belle , Rear K-horns , rear center Belle , La scala's up the sides and 2 powered subs in a 28 x 24 room with a 12' ceiling ...... over kill X 100 .

I know someone (cough) that has a black beater Lascala that was destined for center channel use.... then... enter my father in law's passing and my wife deciding that is a perfect place for his (hardwood) fancy buffet....

I might not be the brightest bulb in the pack but I do know not to fight sentimentality....

It's an empty cabinet...no drivers, no crossover... I don't even think it has the cover-plate on the bottom.

If you can get it somehow (and have an interest in a project), you can have it for free.

I DO have a K33 that was earmarked for it...also have a TAD-4002 that I was going to fit in the top.

Doubt you'd want the TAD (it would not be free) but for $100, I'd include the K33

I was going to wrap it in a layer to simply bury (hide) it's history 

It's just south of Knoxville

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 12:01 PM, Coytee said:

but I do know not to fight sentimentality....

I agree wholeheartedly.

Thanks Coytee for the kind offer, but I must confess ... I have too many (unfinished) projects going on right now to take on a build/rebuild/repair.  While I have learned a bunch from reading many community members' posts, I haven't amassed the technical knowledge to put one of these together with the confidence that I hit the 100% mark.  So, I'm KooKoo over the beauty and the sound of my La Scalas and Heresys, and I have a healthy respect for the engineering, but I lack the skillset to diagnose and repair.

I have about another 6 weeks until I finish my HT room, and I don't mind shipping or driving to pick one up if anyone out there has any ideas where to find an extra.  After reading hundreds of posts in this forum on the topic, I'm sure that I want to find a La Scala for the center and not try something else.

All good things in time ...

Thanks,

Moriceman