**SOLD** Pair of Dual Phase Plug k-55v Soldered Lug Drivers For Sale

jjptkd

Link didn't work for some reason so here's the text:

This listing is for a rare set of Klipsch k-61 Tractrix horns and k-55v Soldered lug driver combo that will fit inside the Chorus II forte II and Quartet without modifying the cabinet cutout. Just for clarification the listing only includes the pair of horns and horn drivers, other speaker parts pictured are not included in the sale. The screw holes don't line up except for the center top and bottom, with the gasket tape they are sealed tight and I never bothered to drill out the other holes in my speakers.

I've used these for a few months now in my Chorus II's and found them to be a nice improvement over the stock horn driver combo. The sound is slightly deeper in tone and a little bit larger and very clear and detailed. For those that do not know these k-55v mid drivers are the same one as used in the much larger and famed Klipschorn and La Scala Heritage speakers. These particular ones are the soldered lug versions which were only available for a few short years and are highly sought after in the Klipsch community as they are regarded as the best versions ever made including the newest k-55x which is being offered in current models.

These could be used in the Cornwall and Cornwall II speaker cabinets with some cabinet work or used in custom Cornscala type speakers. These Tractrix style horns are much more open sounding than the older Exponential versions and are pretty much what Klipsch uses now in most of their newer products.

Condition is good, several marks in the horns themselves and some color variations, drivers work perfect and sound great. Pictures are of the actual items for sale, please look at them carefully before purchasing or making any offers. While these are in full working condition because of the age I'm selling these as is for parts with no returns or partial refunds given. Price includes fully insured shipping and all sellers fees, thanks. 

• Thanks 1

So I've been asked why I'm changing these out after giving them so much praise, I'll just copy my response here:

Actually I'm selling the Chorus II's for dirt cheap to a friend and returning them back to stock as part of the deal. I really like the improvement but I already have my Pro CornScala's with the CF-4 horns and A-55g drivers and honestly I like that combo better. 

Originally my plan was to update the drivers on these horns to the A-55g's in the Chorus II's and just run both pairs together possibly stacked but realistically one pair of larger speakers is plenty and all I need. 

I'd be looking to get $450 shipped from a forum member I know, I've seen just the k-55v drivers sell for as much as $350 by themselves recently so I figure an extra $100 for the horns would be a decent deal for the right person as they are fairly rare, thanks.

Jesse

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mark1101 said:

Do the drivers screw directly into the horns?

Yes they do, no adapters needed. I believe they came with the 2" Titanium mid drivers from the pro line originally but the k-55v fits perfect. These horns are a few inches shorter than the stock k-61 from the forte II Chorus II and Quartet so plenty of room to mount the larger mid drivers.