CRAP!!!!!!!!

Poleelop

BTW, the SEARCH FEATURE within the MESSAGE TEXT is practically WORTHLESS on this new forum. What a bummer.

Clipped, there was a HUGE thread on the HK Citation II with multiple pics and detailed comments from Pat and Guy. It ran many responses and was interesting. Thought you saw it. It was very recent but when I searched for "citation" in the message text, I came up with error after error. Perhaps someone else remembers the title of the thread. Yet another reason I dont like this forum: subjects within are HIDDEN and not reflected in the title. This detailed Citation II thread was within the last three weeks but buried.

Bob, despite the glowing praise, that Citation II amp is cheap but probably not the right one for you based on your comments. On the other hand, it would make a GREAT buy for someone else so inclined.

EDIT

Clipped, I found the thread on the HK Citation II - SEE BELOW:

2 Channel Thread on the Citation II w/PIC and Comments

Deang, remember this thread?

This amp is brand new but looks A LOT like the stuff coming from that Chinese factory making TONS of amps for all sorts of people. IT has the same chassis, transformer covers, front plate style, and look. Besides that, I dont know hardly anything about it. I dont think NOrh make this tube amp on their own (or even designed it) but I could be wrong. Much like Steve Deckart, this company sprung forth and caused some stir with those off-beat speakers using African drum ideas for speaker enclosures. Some have liked them. I remain ignorant as I have yet to actually hear any of their products. I am willing to bet the amp is made in China from that factory although I could be horribly wrong.

It does look interesting but does not light thy fire under me like in a California forest... Then again, as I have said several times today, WHO KNOWS.... At least it has tube rectification. There sure are a lot of amps popping up in this league; it's a good start off, perhaps. Just not quite my diretion as I find these amps tend to sound more alike than I care for.

Hi,

The Citation II is very ugly(low WAF),expensive to rebuild properly(800.00 by Jim Mc Shane)and requires the additional expense of a preamp.Plus,it won't get done within the next 6 months or so.It is,however,the 427 Cobra of tube amps,and in my opinion ,the best PPamp ever made.Your choice.

As far as new amps,the best values seem to be the kits by DIY cable.Well within your price range but assembly required .I live in San Antonio,so I could help if needed.

As far as Mobile being a fanatic,it's not so.He has a good ear and has experience with most tube equipment in this range.

If you decide to stick with your choice,Galen Carol is a cool guy.He'd probably meet you part way to Houston.

Best,

Pat

come on! san antonio is not that far hehe. 4 hours right? my grandfather (who holds a strikingly resemblence of HornED) lives out in Kerrville not far from San Antonio, so going there is not a big deal to me.

Yes, that is the dealer. If not local they will ship to you. 4-5 hours away is NOT local, not even for Texas standards hehe.