number of posts fly's by...

prodj101

Just participate in all posts and use one liners to answer and you'll be at Justin's ubber post level within a year or two.Answer all posts and its a sure hit

I started posting about a year ago,not even.Before I had I think a post or two before I invaded the forum. 1.gif Some tolerate TheEAR and some hate TheEAR.The Elf can be a bastard at times 3.gif

I am simply stunned by the achievements some believe they have accomplished. I understand having goals but self-worth based on the number of posts generated? The BB designers did recognize the potential damage to participants and displayed their facetiousness by affixing that "A cry for help" tagline Justin wanders about with. Wow.

Maybe it's just me, but I wish online forums would not publish post totals. My observation is that far too many individuals equate #'s of post to some sort of elite status or hierarchy within a particular forum community. That's sad. For example, in this last week alone, a few of you have posted more to the Klipsch forum than I have had during my entire four months as a member. While I may not be as prolific or as eloquent as some of you - still 50-100 posts in one week? Get outta town! When I was young, my dad would have kicked my a$$ if he suspected I was spending too much time on the computer. I plan to be the same way with my children also. "Ahh, isn't that cute, lil Junior Ranger just went over 500 posts today ... **whack** ... now get outside and rake the yard! 9.gif

woo hoo ... I just hit 72 posts today ... woo hoo -- NOT!

Ranger- Some people may initially be inclined to give "status" to members with huge post totals, but I don't really see that on this board. There are many other members here that command respect without post totals in the thousands. Yet there is room here for us all. Everyone likes seeing their posts answered by someone; I know I hope to see responses to mine. Doesnt matter if it is a technical answer, or just an opinion. We have a few heavy posters, Justin just tops the list. If all posters were you or I, too many posts would go unanswered. That would be a shame. Shoot, it took me a year to get to your post total. The only reason I'm over 100 now is that I just got sick and tired of being listed as a "Cool Newbie." Its no different than any community, some people talk a lot and others don't. And when certain people talk, everyone listens, regardless of post totals. So, down the road, don't be too hard on lil Junior Ranger, as long as he's finished raking the lawn! By the way, I quite enjoyed your solution to the cat problem 11.gif . (Sorry cat lovers)