Bryston high power amplifier for sale / trade in Central Florida.

Oicu812

I have a nice high end 800W RMS amplifier that I was thinking about putting on eBay, but then had the thought to see if someone has a trade that I would prefer.  

It’s a Bryston 4B NRB (latest revision, nearly identical with the 4B ST!), that does 250W RMS into 8 ohms continuous, 400W into 4 ohms, and 800W bridged to one channel.  I’ve recently had it fully serviced by a pro audio shop in Tampa that specializes in this type of equipment.  The service alone was nearly $300.  It’s in fantastic shape, and pushed my old 901’s at window rattling levels without any issues at all.  Since then I have sold off the Bose, and don’t have a need for this currently.  This amp is well known for being musical, with great bass.

I would like to trade for some Heritage (or possibly pro) speakers.  Heresy 1's or 2's, maybe some beater Cornwalls or La Scala's (I know I am dreaming here, but why not?).  I will sell it outright, but I am more in the mood to pick up something fun in trade.  In looking at the eBay sold listings, these go for right around $1,000, so we can set a trade value at that level, possibly doing cash either up or down.  I'm becoming a huge fan of the K-55 drivers!  What do you have? 

I am in Central Florida, halfway between Ocala and Tampa, but I am willing to travel most of the state to do a deal.  I don't have any pictures of the actual unit yet, below are some stock images of the exact model and revision. I will replace them with pics of my own as soon as possible, even though they are identical.  Below are pictures of the actual amp, 4 posts down.    The nice thing about this amp is the ability to bridge without the thick wire jumpers, which are replaced by a single toggle switch.  This is a very nice, quiet, and solid amp.     @Emile Got anything you want to trade?  I know you are in the area...

For sale at $800 plus actual shipping, or free local pickup.

https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/592bryston/index.html

804267-bryston-4b-nrb.jpg

1606463-bryston-4b-nrb-power-stereo-ampl

44 minutes ago, teaman said:

That Bryston amp is sweet, two buddies of mine own them. I would have traded you for a nice pair of original Heresy had you been closer.

Yes, it is.  Thanks for your input.  Where are you located? 

• Like 1

Okay, here are some real pics, including some of my @ClaudeJ1 Super Heresy crossover rebuild.

IMG_0971.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg

The only issue that I see with the amp (for full disclosure), is that the previous owner used some pliers to either tighten or loosen the plastic knobs on the 5 way posts.  I just didn't bother with it enough to take a file and smooth the little gouges in the plastic back down.  They aren't bad, per se, but you can feel them when you tighten the knobs down.

As far as the service goes, it was working, then one side blew a fuse.  I put another one in, and it went immediately.  I took it to the shop, and they ran through all the caps, resistors, etc. etc., replacing anything that was either blown or out of spec.  After the repair, it was run for 24 hours straight, and then rechecked to make sure everything was still within spec.  I've not had any issues with it since.

• Like 1