Internet shopping

spin

Anyone buy speakers off the internet? Ebay or other. I found some great deals on the Reference line at www.sounddistributors.com. I just dont know if they are trustworthy. I think that it was $1649 for the complete set of RF-3II, RS-3, RC-3, and RSW-15. Any advice would be helpful, I really dont want to make a $2000 mistake.

I bought from SoundPros, www.soundpros.com and the transaction went VERY smooth, great guys over there. They have a RF-3II package a little cheaper than sound distributors, and I doubt sound distributors include the RSW-15 in that package, probably ther KSW-15 like Sound Pros.

Here's a link....

http://www.soundpros.com/klipsch_home.cfm

See the package for the RF-3II stuff.

I trust those guys because I got my HK AVR 520 from them and it was a great deal and delivered on time!

Hope that helps!

I have bought four sets of Heresys on eBay with narry a problem. As for what you are considering doing:

1. Klipsch warranty will probably be void. Click on "UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS" below. AFAIK the only authorized internet dealer is uBid.

2. Pay by credit card so you can dispute the charge if anything goes wrong.

3. Shipping these speakers any way except on a pallet is asking for trouble.