straying from klipsch...

prodj101

for my next speaker upgrade, I'm thinkin about building some speakers using Raven ribbon tweeters, and other high end components. Maybe make a 1 inch thick MDF enclosure, and put a real nice veneer on it. Plus insane bracing. We're talking a resonance free cabnit here, lol. heavey too.

Making the cabinet stiff does not eliminate resonance. Think about a cabinet made of brass; it would ring like a gong. The stiffer the cabinet, the higher in frequency the resonance would be. Stiffness and damping are two very different physical properties.

I myself am thinking of building a set of speakers with Soundesign drivers,

Awesome 4 watt drivers, a not so solid box, and you could place them anywhere, next to the TV, the bathroom, or even beside the outside trash recepticle!

I also heard an awesome JVC boombox at soundtrack!

Its seems stereos will be absolite, with the use of some of the boomboxes made today!

Its amazing how thesae units sound, with the bass turned all the way up, and the coloration of the fony tweeters is unreal!

Kinda like the car stereo systems with the computerized artificial bass, turned up to total distortion!

Car stereo owners say the Klipschorns have no bass, thats because they have the bass box in their car!

It sure does sound great, beings all i hear is bass, and nothing more!

Sure you got the bass, ??

Why are you staying away from Klipsch?

A joke right?

LOL

Regards Jim

10.gif

Anyone who strays from Klipsch speakers in this forum will be facing the BobG squad.BobG has carte blanche to use Klipsch Horns powered by a Krell MRA to punish anyone who even would be so arrogant as to consider another brand.

Remember Klipsch is GOOD

Competition EVIL

Dont forget to mock B0$e at least each month,support Klipsch and all will be well. 3.gif

Straying from Klipsch? Thats it! Turn in your bass and SPL meter .Your frontal and temporal systems have been permanently suspended and you will get no References from us. See the disc sergeant on the way out. Youre next beat will be installing drive-in theater speakers after this mistake. Youre dismissed.2.gif