FS: Various colored traffic light....replacement lights

Coytee

My brother in law has a BUNCH of these things.  At one time, I think he had over 1,000.

I've got a box of them in my car so I can get a picture of them....give me a day.

What's he got?  When you come up to a traffic light, you have red/yellow & green lights.  There is a light fixture that bulbs used to go in....then they updated to putting LED's in some versions.  He has the LED replacement "bulbs".  Each one is approximately 12" diameter.  They all run off 120 volts.  (they are 2-wire if I recall)

He's got red, yellow and green.  He also has some that I think are more cool (though I don't know the color...) but he has some arrows.

As in ...  "<--"  like a straight, right or left turn arrow....depending on how you rotate it.

I was thinking why on earth do you have all these?  (he had them at a yard sale)  when all the sudden some guy stops...  after talking, seems he's from Texas.  He came back, showed his wife and bought about 10 of them (various colors).  Turns out he owns something like 100 acres in Texas and his grandkids come over.  For the part I over-heard, the grandkids race bikes, go-carts, all the above (??) and he's got a quasi-race course on his land.  He's going to incorporate these into the layout of his track.

Got me thinking how creative that was...  and someone with some flair could maybe take some arrows, put them into their wall pointing towards the entry door to their HT room or something similar...  or, hang in garage....  bedroom (kids?)

Mind you, these are not the fixture that is hanging overhead holding three lights.....this is just the lights only.

I'll get them out of my car tomorrow and try to plug them in and take a couple pictures.

I'll double check but I think his asking price is $5.00 apiece plus shipping.  They come five or six to a box.  He said he's got no qualms in filtering through them a bit if someone wanted (for example) two green lights and 3 arrows....  (again, I have no idea what color the arrows are.  I'm guessing green.  (I suppose we'll find out when I plug them in tomorrow!)

Anyways, I just wanted to get this out in case someone who's creative liked the idea.

Had to get them out of the car.

He has boxes and boxes and boxes and BOXES of these things.  Each box is of a specific unit (all green or all red for example)

They are around 11 1/2 inches wide (lens to lens) if you measure to full outer dimension, they are probably 12 - 12 1/2 inches wide and about 4" thick.  They fit in a hole and are held in by clips so the light crew can easy out, easy in with them.  Made with spade type connectors but these had to be nipped off to wire together for display...  so no idea what might be received.  They're pretty light.  A full box is 5 or maybe 6 of these and someone could easily carry 4-5 boxes (if they were stacked)  Point being, it's not a lot of weight.  

We specifically thought these arrows were green.  Turns out they're yellow.

Notice that the backs are all different

If someone is interested, I'm not in the equation.  I'll simply hook you up with my brother in law so there is direct communication.  (Joe, it's my other brother in law, not the one you met....  it's his brother)

back.jpg

Front.jpg

Personally, I think if someone had some adventure in them, they could use these at the entrance of their HT room (arrow's going in for example)

I thought the guy with the race track was pretty interesting.

You guys that have a work shop....  maybe a "red light / green light" next to the bathroom.  Your pick which means occupied!

A bit of backstory.  I don't know what nor why, but if I understand the story correctly, my brother in law bought a trailer (as in semi- tractor/trailer) full of these things.  I think he told me he had someone buy 1,000 of them at a single wack.  Not sure if that's the exact story....  but he's got a bunch of them.

I don't know how many of these things my brother in law has....but if you can vision a semi-tractor trailer.  Then, the "PUP" trailers where they put two trailers together (each a bit smaller than a full sized trailer)

He has a PUP trailer and evidently, it is filled around 50% with boxes of these lights.  Boxes & boxes & boxes (with 5 lights in each box).  The boxes are floor to ceiling.

I didn't realize he had that many.