CAYIN tube amps any good?

mopardave

38 minutes ago, Deang said:

@NOS Valves would be the guy to ask about that. I don’t really trust anyone else anymore when it comes to tube gear recommendations. 

Thanks Dean. I'm sure if Craig ever worked on a CAYIN he would know the build quality of these amps. Opinions welcomed from any members here that have owned one of these amps.  Thanks

Jim Hunter had some Cayins hooked up to the 60th Anniversary Klipschorns. It sounded amazing. I would give them an enthusiastic thumbs up - but what do I really know? Craig is always quick

to remind me that I’m not an amp

guy - and he’s right. 

52 minutes ago, Deang said:

Jim Hunter had some Cayins hooked up to the 60th Anniversary Klipschorns. It sounded amazing. I would give them an enthusiastic thumbs up - but what do I really know? Craig is always quick

to remind me that I’m not an amp

guy - and he’s right. 

Craig knows his Amps inside and out I would agree.

• Like 1

I have no problem at all owning gear made in china, none whatsoever.  I have lots of it in my home.  ..However, I'm not sure about gear lacking a UL approval.  Something about leaving such a device plugged in while I"m not home that gives me pause.

6 hours ago, Schu said:

you know... Americans can make Tube amps also.

if your overriding requirement is very low pricing, why even worry about whether or not it sounds good?

The Cayin amp I'm referring to cost $3500. What do you consider low pricing?

• Like 1