My most recent Klipschorn experience

Deang

It would appear I am destined to never hear these speakers the way they were meant to be heard.

You know, I sometimes make cracks about Heritage sounding like P.A. systems -- but it's really more of a tongue in cheek kind of thing. It's just that whenever I get a chance to hear them, it is always on mediocre SS gear and less than average quality sources.

So, destiny threw me another chance last week.

My daughter Chelsea has made a new friend through her Home School Group, and has been visiting with "Anna". This past Wednesday Chelsea decided to take part in Anna's family "Home Church" experience. I guess music is a big part of this as evidently the whole family is quite gifted in the musical realm.

So, my wife Debbie picks Chelsea up, and coming home tells me that "Roy", Anna's dad -- has "big" Klipsch speakers. "Bigger than mine?" I ask. "Well, uh, umm, yes they are."

"Are they big ugly boxes, or kind of triangular shaped beasts that sit back in the corners?"

"Yes, they are wierd shaped things that sit in the corners of the living room."

"How did they sound?"

"I didn't hear them."

"Chelsea!!"

"Yeah Dad?"

"Have you heard those big speakers at Anna's house?"

"Yeah."

"How do they sound? Do you like them, or do they bug your ears?"

"They sound good."

"How do they sound compared to mine?"

"Different."

"Different, how?"

"I don't know, just different."

"Do they sound better than mine?"

"Not really...really kind of different though."

"It's O.K. baby, you can tell me the truth. I won't scream or cry or ground you. Just tell me what you think. They're awesome aren't they...and they make my speakers sound like a bathroom radio?"

"It's hard to tell, because they don't listen to music through them like you do."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they play THEIR music through them."

"You mean they use them to play and sing through?"

"Yeah. They got this big thingy with all kinds of knobs and sliding things with all kinds of wires going into it."

"Aaahhhhhhrrrrrrrrggggggggg"

"What's wrong with Dad?"

It is a fact that God's sense of humor is based on irony.

Dean,

Heres what I purpose you do...

My wife has an old Catholic school girl outfit lying aroung somewhere-I'll start looking for it.Are you about a size 4?

Head out with your daughter as her "cousin from North Dakota"

Just as they all go to take a break-lock the door, unplug the karoke machine, and plug in your favorite cd or vinyl (whatever you can smuggle in) and sit back and enjoy the Klipschorns.

I'll start digging through the cellar for that outfit.Let me now know how it goes.

Jeff

12.gif

Hey Jeff, it ain't no karaoke machine -- it's a full blown mixing board with an outboard amp! Doesn't it give you the heebie-jeebies just trying to imagine the setup?

Now, we aren't "Catholic", we just be normal everyday sinners who believe in what God did through His Son. So, we don't do the uniform thing.

However, if you can find a wig, I'll take it.

Go steal them, thats a waste of Klipschorns, offer them a real nice set of polks, try to trade anything you can, 901s, cerwin vegas, id bet you could win them off their hands!

Bring over a set of 15inch sansuis from the 70s there nice LOL!

Offer him your Klipsch for them, LOL, well it depends on what you own too!

7,000.00 set of speakers for that,

Wal mart makes a 99.00 karokee unit, bring that over LOL!

Well, i guess im set off now!

PEOPLE

Jim