Veneering Super Heresy

mopardave

Gonna try a veneer job on my Supers.  Never did this before, but i think i can do it.  Gonna run down to oakwood veneer to see what they have.  Looking at Rosewood Santos and the walnut options.

Got a start on them yesterday.  Roughed up the poly and sanded smooth.  Painted the backs black and when the slant risers get here from Crites they will get the black treatment as well.   

Going with the lambswool grill fabric as well.   Here's the look i'm going for.

Walnut on the left and Rosewood on the right.  I'm would like to do the Rosewood the the Lambswool.

Heresy-SE-Black-Walnut-1222.jpg

Heresy-SE-Rosewood-1222.jpg

Rosewood or Zebrano!  Only because those would be my choices and I want you to go first.  Walnut is plentiful out there, so something different might be nice?  Seems like you have two buckets ... lighter less dramatic grain or darker fairly impressive grain?  Maybe pick between those and then hone in on the specific one.  Good Luck.

30 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Rosewood or Zebrano!  Only because those would be my choices and I want you to go first.  Walnut is plentiful out there, so something different might be nice?  Seems like you have two buckets ... lighter less dramatic grain or darker fairly impressive grain?  Maybe pick between those and then hone in on the specific one.  Good Luck.

I am really liking the rustic look over the Rosewood. I will have to see it in person   , but I think the Rosewood has too much red in it.   Really digging the Zabrano.