How do you udate your signature?

The Generic Signature

by your ole pal, mobile homeless

1. Go to your profile page where you change you pic every other day....

2. Hit the link below AGE that says "Modify this imformation"

3. Go to box with the SIGNATURE to be placed.

4. Write in your signature with the following guidelines that I made in this text file:

http://www.progressive-engineering.com/klipsch/generic_sig.txt

There. Should work. This should work for ANYONE needing a sigature. Please, no colored text and dancing animations!

ps- Buy that damn turntable...

----------------

On 10/21/2002 3:47:38 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Ask for help Justin or mobile worked for me???

Lordy....still confused about who did that mess for you???? Help me dear LOrd...
----------------

That really is a mess! 3.gif You should have set it up into a two column format to save some space, similar to yours 2.gif My sig is very small now-a-days thanks to my website which holds all the info my sig could ever have. Anyone else can do that if they just ask me, i would love to make them a page! 1.gif

And just for you...

1.gif2.gif3.gif4.gif9.gif10.gif12.gif

Justin-

Two column to save space? As usual we miss each other like passing trains. I hope to hell you arent looking at that HTML text page and thinking the sig is going to come out in a line.

My first colum in my own sig is the type of component which I didnt bother with for others. There is no saving of space with either, just more text. What is happening is people are just plain putting too many pieces of gear down per sig. Who needs to know what kind of television they have? I say keep the sigs to the main system. And if they want more, make a page.

I would actually rather see their main system sig with their post ONCE a thread. This preferable to having to click a link to go to another page, something I do have as well, but it's nice to see what they have righ there (the option to NO USE THE SIG was such a great one).

you do have two columns, but that I am thinking is like this...

- RB-5s, RC-3, KSB 3.1(rear) - MSB Link II D/A converter

- Sanus Steel stands shot filled - Panasonic RP-91 DVD/DVD-A

- Adire Audio Rava 12 inch sealed sub - Sherwood Newcastle AM-9080 Power Amp

- Dish Network 6000 & 8VSB card - Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080R HT Preamp

- Kenwood CD-206 as a Transport - Toshiba 36 in direct view HDTV

- patchcords mid to low level - spikes, feet, component dampeners

- 5 old 2 channel systems(non Klipsch) - 3 Chesapeake Bay Retrievers

- 4 Kids(7-19) - 3 Cats

- 1 Wife - No Tubes (too much fur and Nerf balls flying around the house)

Just my humblest of opinions :) i do agree with all your other points though. onlyproblem is the inconsistent spacing.

There is a HUGE difference between TWO columns of GEAR LISTINGS which looks quite messy to me and not very visually appealing and a word description with a bullet in-between the listing. I dont actually have two columns at all. There is just the name, bullet, and piece of gear (or more with TT and cable).

Rather than make the double dose of trouble, I would knock out the "wife, kids, dogs, tube comment, etc" IT is a bit amusing...the first time.

Still, you think that double column looks better? Lordy.... We all have opinions.

kh

LORD have mercy... You bought the damn Turntable! Not quite as big a surprise as ole Craig going for it, but a surprise still. Hope it works for you - seems to be a nice guy and pretty honest.

As for the Ringmat, I have heard NOTHING but GOOD things about it. Even some Linn users, which are the most finicky about stuff like this, have reported good things (Linn only like the simple felt mat). I would wait and see how you like your table stock. Some actually put the record directly on the platter for better coupling.

The Ringmat has gotten many favorable comments, though. I have seen them used for $35-50. The only negative is they wont win any beauty contests.

As for stand, Perhaps try some form of air bladder or sand box stand on your cabinet/table. There was a guy on ebay selling this air bladder box for pretty inexpensive.

Have you looked around at anything?

mh,

I did not know the best way to search for TT stand ideas. I found this:

http://www.audiophilia.com/hardware/diyttstand.htm

There are also those little rubber feet that you can get, I might just try those first for all three turntables that I will have running, the MMF-7+ Eroica for the good LPs, the Technics SL1200 MKII for the beat up records, and another Technics dedicated to 78 rpm play (I don't like to have to chage things every time I want to throw on a 78).

I have acquired an embarrassing amount of old vintage tube gear {Eico, Dynaco, Heathkit, Scott) which I have to experiment with, upgrade, and/or decide whether to keep or liquidate. The first project is the speaker cabinet for the Altecs which, if I am going to tri-amp, will require some experimentation until I find the sound I am looking for. Some multi-ampers end up using SS for the bass, but I will first try tubes all around. At this point I am fairly happy with the simple set up I have which simply uses the Cornwalls. I still find them a tad on the bright side for certain recordings but very enjoyable with the Triode pp EL34 Dynaco Mod and Paragon pre. My thinking is that the Altec 511 horn will not be quite as sharp in this one frequency range as the horn in the Cornwalls, plus it will be balanced out with both the 515C and 416B in the equation. The Cornwalls will still be nearby so I will be able to AB compare easily.

Should be an interesting year for upgrades around here.

Who knows, what with the Cornwalls still in the house, you never know I might try an SET somewhere down the line to satisy the old curiosity and to fill in my experience with tubes generally. I should be able to set all this up in my living room with no speaker cables longer than about 12 feet or so and in some cases shorter.

-c&s