Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrapplesInStereo

Cornwall II - $1200 - Gilbert AZ

Recommended Posts

One picture of the finish, and it's only the front of the speaker... price is not that bad, but I'd like to see more finish before buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what if any are the differences between these and the cw3?... ive been looking for a set of cw3s but these are way cheaper and im about a 45min drive away. would be good to know what to look for if i can convince the wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CW II uses the K601/K52H mid crossed over at 600 Hz. The CW III uses the K701, crossed over at 800 Hz. The CW III woofer is higher on the baffle board to reduce "floor bounce" anomalies. When the CW III was announced, our forum went through a lot of hand-wringing about the midrange change, but I have yet to see any measurements that quantify the difference. 

If you can see these in person and take them home yourself it sounds like deal (Crites is big plus). If they have to be shipped, insist on using Craters & Freighters so the cabs don't get crushed (voice of experience).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, boom3 said:

The CW II uses the K601/K52H mid crossed over at 600 Hz. The CW III uses the K701, crossed over at 800 Hz. The CW III woofer is higher on the baffle board to reduce "floor bounce" anomalies. When the CW III was announced, our forum went through a lot of hand-wringing about the midrange change, but I have yet to see any measurements that quantify the difference. 

If you can see these in person and take them home yourself it sounds like deal (Crites is big plus). If they have to be shipped, insist on using Craters & Freighters so the cabs don't get crushed (voice of experience).

mahalo for the info boom3. "musically" is there a big difference. ive recently heard some cw3s that sounded amazing to me. granted not the same gear or room setup as i would have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

w/i easy drive for me... 3 hour of freeway ea way. my wife is quite happy with the Scalas, don't think I should push it though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

w/i easy drive for me... 3 hour of freeway ea way. my wife is quite happy with the Scalas, don't think I should push it though

same here as far as the easy drive. just want to know what i would be getting into buying a pair of these. still looking to upgrade our main area from a pair of rp600 and r120sw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go listen to them?

  take money in case you want them.  I have al I need with this pair of Scalas.  I can't do better on my budget. They are sweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they might seem a little imposing... you get over it....    fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, Schu said:

One picture of the finish, and it's only the front of the speaker... price is not that bad, but I'd like to see more finish before buying.

I’ve got to run to Vegas to pick up some RB-75s from a forum member. I could pick these up for you if you got them. Too bad they are not as nice as the ones from Tucson last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...