R820F

Miner44

Hi all. I’m new to Klipsch and their audio equipment, but after hearing a set of my friends premier series speakers I was sold.  I got a really good deal on a set of R820F’s from Best Buy up here in Canada. I just received them from purolator today. The problem is I was listening to a movie and noticed the left tower was making a buzzing noise at certain tones. It was around the top woofer area. It got worse as the movie went along.

I’m thinking voice coil or crossover issue? Sounds like a blown speaker anyways. I’m taking it back obviously and am kinda thinking of just sticking with my tried and true Cerwin Vega AT-15’s that never let me down. Any ideas from the gurus?

• Like 1

Just switch speaker cables (L R ) and make sure it's the speaker. If it is take it back and replace. I can imagine the going from at15 to  280 is a big change . If you're after home theater the 280s should do great.I have at15's and the only reason I use klf30 instead is the great upper end. The at 15 is a rock monster regardless of what ANYONE says.