RB-5s worth $150 more than RB-3s

Stephen328

I'm looking for new mains for my system. I listen to proabably 90% music, 10% movies. My room is quite small, leaving floorstanders impractical. I really love the sound of the RB-3s, but have never heard the RB-5s. I've heard that their far superior. So i thought i'd seek your opinions. Thanks.

To ProDJ: consider yourself exempt from this one, I already know your opinion. lol. 1.gif2.gif3.gif4.gif5.gif6.gif7.gif8.gif9.gif10.gif11.gif12.gif13.gif14.gif15.gif16.gif

Stephen,

Ask Mobile about small rooms... That didn't stop him from getting Cornwalls!

IMHO - RB5s will be better than RB3s.... but if they are $150 better is really up to you, your wallet and ears. If you look at it like you want the best you can get in a small size, I can't think of much better than the RB-5s.. I have the RB 5 IIs. They are very accurate speakers. Not the big sound of the Heritage series, but in the imaging and focus category they are great.

I have both Cornwalls and RB-5s, and considering their size, RB5s do a great job. About on par with the kg4s, when placed on stands.

Good luck.

- tb

I have the RB5IIs and love them. Great imaging and soundstage. I use them 50/50 movies and music.It's like hearing some of my older (being an older guy)CDs for the first time again. I hear alot of little nuances I never picked up on before. Never heard the RB3s. I went from cheking out the Synergy SB3s to the RB5IIs and that was it. There was no turning back. I highly recommend the RB5IIs.

Let common sense decide.

RB3

94 db/w (RB3 will take 100 watts)

6.5" woofer (down to 52Hz)

5" horn (small)

2600Hz x-over (more cone, less horn)

RB5

96 db/w (RB5 will take 150 watts)

8" woofer (down to 48Hz)

6" horn (1" bigger)

1950Hz x-over (less cone, more horn)