my senator is dead!

prodj101

damn that sucks, really sad too. the minnesota state senator (I live in minnesota), was killed in a plane crash along with 7 other people, including his wife, his daughter, the piolets, and some campain assistants. and the ironic part is they were flying to a funeral.

How will the law handle it? I heard that if he gets elected (name still on ballot), that Ventura can have another Democrat take his place. What do you know? Not a common thing, so it will be interesting to see how they handle the election.

Sorry, I was being a bit, you know...

All of us fine Democrats and intellectuals mourn your state's (and the nation's) loss...

Hopefully, another candidate can be found who can fill in and counter the scourge of corporate-America sponsored Republican nonsense that threatens to drag us down the path of standard-lowering, war-mongering, economy-wrecking, gun-toting, environment-ruining, putting-creationism-in-the-science-classroom-where-it-doesn't-belong, fascist stupidity that seems to be all the rage these days...

this happened in the 2000 elections also, the dead man's wife agreed to serve, they left his name on the ballot and she (he) won - Jay Leno chastized the loser, saying he was beaten by a dead man, but yes, I beileve the Governor gets to say who actually serves - this race, BTW is being touted as one of the seven (7?) in the country that were close enough to shift the balance of party power in the Senate, and yes, he was very liberal

I was crazy about Paul Wellstone.

I would rather the rest of the Senate had gone down in a plane rather than Paul.

There will never be as good a Senator walking the halls of the Senate.

Minnesota and the USA have lost a great man.

Soon Shrub will have his Republican Senate and be able to walk us down the road to Hell at the pace he hopes to whip us.

mo was real odd here - when you consider carnahan running for senate against ash was also the govenor at the time. but it definitely helped his wife's (now senator jean carnahan) cause that the luetenant gov who took carnahan's place was also a democrat. he made it well known who he would appoint if the deceased was elected.

far from the case here where MN allows a replacement on the ballot up to 4 days before the election. & of course jesse is the gov.

anyway, i'm outta here. i've vowed to not respond to political threads. prod i think you'd be wise to not start anymore here. 9.gif

foldedhorn,

When I include "gun-toting", I am referring to the unfortunately-confused individuals who think that the world would be a safer place if all of us walked around with a holstered gun and kept a couple of rifles and a shotgun on a rack in the back window of our pick-em-up truck.

And yes, I was serious about creationism having no place in the science classroom. It isn't science. Mention it in Comparative Religious Studies, or Ancient Mythology, but there is nothing scientific about it...

(BTW, I'm proud of this group... I was wondering if my serious, yet exagerrated claims would bring the flames of conservative posters howling down like vengeance from on high... it's nice (?) to know that this is not nearly as volatile an issue as, say, whether or not expensive cables really make a difference...)10.gif

Who give's a Rat's??? These ProMedia Punks like Cattle Prod come on here with their One line Replies and Bogus Threads trying to run up their post counts. I call on the Webmaster to take away post counts so these Juveniles Aren't Encouraged with this crap.

Liberals Suck. Look at most of the Liberals that race to these posts have cheap Klipsch speakers. That because most Liberals are stupid do nothings that can't afford the better Klipsch because they too busy trying to steal the hard workers money by way of their Commie Dem party. Go out and work for a living and maybe you can afford Good Klipsch some day without the GOV paying for them. Miserable idiots. LOL

I don't give a rat's heinnie about the late Senator's political leanings and had KRB joked/sneered about the death of any public figure I would have been offended by his WWF world view.

Actually until I opened the paper a couple of days ago I had never heard of this Senator. Bear in mind that I am a Canadian getting most of my news from The Calgary Herald and The Calgary Sun which compete only in their drive to be the most right wing news(?)papers in North America).

I am presumably a Liberal according to the measures used by FH2 and kin. By that I mean that I do not assume that everything published by the John Birch Society and its extreme left wing - AKA - The Republican party - is by definition Gospel.

In any event I still cling to the belief that ordinary good manners preclude publicly pissing on the corpse.