Questions about not stock KLF 20 crossovers

CMG

I recently acquired a set of used KLF 20 speakers. While putting then into the car I hear a loud sound and realize the crossovers were in the bottom on the speaker not attached to anything. Upon further investigation, the crossovers are not stock since I have another set of 20's at home. I am not an electrical engineer, so I'm not sure if they are just a DIY job or from a reputable crossover builder. I would like to know if it is a DIY job, if they choose "good components" or if there is something I could change to make them better. I have only a limited time listening to the new speakers but they didn't sound bad when they were on. I removed the tweeters but the divers look to be stock other than the crossovers.

IMG_20190607_215606705.jpg

IMG_20190607_215638598.jpg

Parts I use (but I didn't build them).

AudioCap PPT Theta film and foils in the high pass

Erse Super Q low pass coil

Jantzen CrossCap low pass capacitor

Mills resistors

Supra tin annealed stranded copper wire

Provided the values are correct -- should sound awesome.

Would the individual have just known what to use and then built it? Gotten the wiring schematic and done it themselves or is there a kit? The guy was from Central Ohio, not sure if he happened to know someone. 

Glad to hear they are good components, I'll have to hook them up again and see what they can do. Thanks.

I appreciate the help in identification of the parts and what I purchased. Sometimes buying from Craigslist will get interesting results.

I posted this question on another forum and was told they were junk and to update to something else. Looks like I'll be switching them with the stock ones to try and A/B them. 

I paid a little more, but I also got a C7 center, rs7 sides, sw 12, and the towers. Not all forums are as friendly or as helpful as this one. That's why I came over here to ask, just took a minute to reset my password. 

• Like 1

I'm not knocking the build, just not something I know a lot about. I think the guy who built them did a good job. And all. I also think there are many people who like to troll the internet when someone asks an innocent question.

• Like 1