Savant Home Automation

rplace

I figure the Architectural forum might be a good place for this, but you knuckleheads would probably not look there. Perhaps I should just post in CCC thread to make sure it is read.;)

Kidding aside, I'd be interested if anyone has experience with Savant A/V integration and automation. Stories of friends are great and any hands on experience by somebody in the field or end user with a system would be fantastic. I basically know nothing beyond their web site and talking to a dealer. I'm intrigued - but almost afraid to know the price. Had a visit from an installer today he said Savant is in Bono's Castle and Tim Cooks yacht. That does not sound like something you can pick up at Best Buy or cobble together from eBay.

Do we have any home A/V installers by profession on the Klipsch Forums?

Looks like ultra expensive home integration for people that can't walk two steps to turn on a light or change their thermostat.  As with all such products, it will be obsolete in a year as the newest version will be better than what they currently offer.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks like ultra expensive home integration for people that can't walk two steps to turn on a light or change their thermostat.  As with all such products, it will be obsolete in a year as the newest version will be better than what they currently offer.

Very helpful. Shall I put you down as the "saw it once" or "end user/industry guy"? ;)

Bumping this since a lot were away for an extended 4th holiday.

Any feedback on Savant? I'm interested specifically in the audio/video end of things. Not really interested in controlling my thermostat or blinds/shades.

On a somewhat related matter any of  you have a easy/simple/failsafe way of taking HDMI output and branching it out to several (3 or 4) locations? I'm more concerned with set it and forget it, I want it to work with zero effort once set up. Cost (to a point) is less important than user experience. I don't want to constantly be turning things off/on to get them to talk or fussing with it.