Denon v. Onkyo

spin

ya cj, its a pa7 the 1st one, i heard the khorns on it in audioking back in 1988 and been sold since...i finally woke up n sold my nad 2200's (pair) n saved..i cant believe my ears every day i turn it on after work....lol, all my neighbors in life know me as a rocker, lmao.....but i do it clean now =]

Did Nelson Pass ever build anything that sounded bad? The dude rocks.

The old Nak stuff is outstanding, but tough to find.

I think our fellow here is looking for a more practical, readily available solution.

I do agree with Prodj101. B&K is a cut above the rest, and if you can afford it, buy it.

Truthfully, at your price point, and for what you are trying to achieve -- Denon or Onkyo will do fine. They both make fine products.

Before you unload your money though, you might want to check out Outlaw 1050. Not pretty, but probably better built than either Denon or Onkyo. I don't like ugly stuff, but it is under the hood what counts. You can buy their receiver over the net.

Check out the ugly beast here: http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/1050.html

but thats were ya go wrong, i call it patience for a good thing...if its worth having, it's worth waiting for....you'll never have to buy an amp again, unless you want to run more speakz, ya its just 2 channel, but when its of this caliber...it sounds like your there, and aint that what your all trying to do? If ya have a solid amp n klipsch heritage.....there is no substitute. i say its a waste of money to settle for average run-of-the-mill-reciever, im not into dsp or 5.1 no thanxz, thats a "fad"....long live analog lol, .002thd is hard to beat for a preamp, and 20-20,000 hz amp(+0.-0.5dB) with 32 hand selected output transistors 16 per with 132,000 uF filter capacitance lol dont let your kids get behind this one lol...if ya have a will-you'll find a way. u cant go wrong, well let me take that back , it might throw your back out

nak,

Right now I'm alternating between a set of Klipschorns (94 vintage, oiled Walnut) and Cornwalls (84 vintage,oiled oak).

I'm getting my solid state amp fixed (Yamaha M-85) so I'm trying out the tube route based on the reports from this forum.

Craig (NOS440) was nice enough to rebuild my Scott LK-48 tube amp-which right now is in the hands of fellow Klipsch forum member Chris Robinson.

My brother is real happy with his Nakamichi PA-7-his CA-7 cassette deck is another story though,I think it needs the idler wheel update as it works on and off as this is a common failure with Naks.

I will try to pry it from his hands sometime soon and I'll give it a go with the K-horns to see what I think.

Jeff

I guess I can sort of get in here... I have had two Onkyo products...

The TX-SR500 and, uhh I think something sonthing 8200? maybe... it was stereo, and then the SR500 HT receiver I have now. Both sound great. I compared many models in the stereo area, and the Onkyo sounded much fuller and conected, whereas other brands like Sony just couldn't hold up. I NEVER had to even mess with the bass or treble knobs on either of my receivers. All in all, I like Onkyo very much.