Worth it? RF-5's, cherry, $500

Emile

Haha ... copying @JohnKuthe's post :D 

Trying to help my neighbor in upgrading his speakers.  Should not be hard ... he has Sony speakers :D  Room is about 15x15x10. Mostly low volume listening to CD's. Don't think he needs RF7's :)  Not sure if he wants to integrate TV to 5.0 sound. Any thoughts on these RF5's? Haha; have not told him yet that he will have to upgrade his components also :D  

Thanks, Emile

100b0b_dT0D4yRIxwY_600x450.jpg00z0z_iozU2AXEuMM_600x450.jpg

If no dents in woofs and speakers are in nice shape, they could be worth as much as that...let's call it 9/10 cosmetic ...10/10 Sonic's to justify price. Think they would work well for 2 channel... available other pieces for 5 .0 would be on an availability basis...if this helps.

As for his electronics, would need that information. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

need detailed pics of both speakers

Thanks! :D  Working on it ... found them on CL; but NO contact info ... got lucky and saw them on "letgo."  Seller is emailing me pics shortly :) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Emile said:

Thanks! :D  Working on it ... found them on CL; but NO contact info ... got lucky and saw them on "letgo."  Seller is emailing me pics shortly :) 

Letgo being a nother OfferUp I suppose...Yes was wondering what is happening... just saw them on CL... if they are not as I described, would demo to make certain of sound and offer less...imo if still interested... clean and excellent condition.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:
1 hour ago, Emile said:

Yes ... hardly ever check them :(  But, if you are interested, found some KLF-10's for $200 ... think the seller will take a lot less :) 

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/speakers_41c2c7ea-3108-4af3-bf50-c32ac483cf1a 

Nice price alright...those look like stock pics...Too nice looking to think about letting go For that price... neighbor could let go the idea of the RF-5's...

I would let go the idea of selling those if that nice...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Emile said:

Yes ... hardly ever check them :(  But, if you are interested, found some KLF-10's for $200 ... think the seller will take a lot less :) 

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/speakers_41c2c7ea-3108-4af3-bf50-c32ac483cf1a 

Emile,

I have a pair of KSF 8.5's that I would donate to the cause.  They would be okay for back L-R in a surround setup.  @Emile

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billybob said:

Is the verdict in yet Emile?

Nah :(  Neighbor can't decide if he wants 2.0, 3.1, 5.1, etc :(  Meeting him again tomorrow ... probably will give him some Heresy's to try out :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Emile said:

Nah :(  Neighbor can't decide if he wants 2.0, 3.1, 5.1, etc :(  Meeting him again tomorrow ... probably will give him some Heresy's to try out :D 

Good man... tough customer...

Those Klf-10 pictured are nice but

My Heressies will more than likely suffice...lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Very kind of you to say...

A friend gifted me with them, after he bought 4 identical speakers at a local Goodwill for $40.  So it's only fair that I pass on the "good deal", and not try to profiteer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Oicu812 said:

A friend gifted me with them, after he bought 4 identical speakers at a local Goodwill for $40.  So it's only fair that I pass on the "good deal", and not try to profiteer.

That is pretty cool alright... good man...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; sides supposedly are pristine. Pics of top below ... note 1st pic is "magnified" Have no clue if this disappears with "oil." ?? @billybob& @Oicu812??

image.png.6ff3f95b61d4ed86117ccc3d3c9eeb9c.pngimage.png.3b91c173b77e1f1cda05b759b6835e9e.png

Those are deep scratches.  You would have to sand down a LOT to get those out.  You can sand them smooth, and fill with an appropriate wood putty.  I would first try to raise the grain with the 'Water drops and smokin' hot iron' method to expand the wood within the scratches.

The best system to get those fixed is made by Mohawk.  That's the stuff I used when repairing new furniture.  I will dig around and see if I can find someone around St. Pete that still uses their products.

• Like 1