Thought I found a decent Vinyl retailer........Guess NOT

joessportster

42 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

For the price Joe listed, it is the big box set.  It's brand new, not one of their warehouse still sealed deals they have from time to time.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/134086/The_Rolling_Stones-Studio_Albums_Vinyl_Collection_1971-2016-Vinyl_Box_Sets

This is correct, I bought the new box linked above (nothing to do with Amazon)........

How strange @joessportster, Joe. I can't recall having a problem with an LP in a very long time. I placed an order with Acoustic Sounds on July 3rd. Did not get around to playing a couple till Sunday. Of the two LPs I opened both had issues. One a loud tick on a track for 4-5 revolutions no amount of cleaning helped. The other had extra, melted vinyl all rough and bumpy on the edge of the LP making it unplayable.

I called today and got a very cheery, helpful person on the phone that said the "return manager" was on vacation and would be back in a week. She took down all my info and said they would be in contact in a week or so. I'm surprised they did not just have me send them back and deal with them whenever they get to it. Perhaps a small staff, I don't know but it struck me as odd to not issues a RMA which is there stated policy. Neither were cheap one a 45 RPM that total is almost $80 for the two. During this guy's weeks vacation I'll go over the 30 day return window. Hopefully I don't have any issues. I've bought a lot from them and always been happy with the price and shipping times. Music Direct seems (to me) to sell a lot of stuff they don't actually have on hand because it can takes weeks to get orders I've placed. Elusive disc is a good one, worth checking out if you have not. Their web site is a tad wonky.

Good luck on your, fingers crossed on mine.

1 hour ago, rplace said:

How strange @joessportster, Joe. I can't recall having a problem with an LP in a very long time. I placed an order with Acoustic Sounds on July 3rd. Did not get around to playing a couple till Sunday. Of the two LPs I opened both had issues. One a loud tick on a track for 4-5 revolutions no amount of cleaning helped. The other had extra, melted vinyl all rough and bumpy on the edge of the LP making it unplayable.

I called today and got a very cheery, helpful person on the phone that said the "return manager" was on vacation and would be back in a week. She took down all my info and said they would be in contact in a week or so. I'm surprised they did not just have me send them back and deal with them whenever they get to it. Perhaps a small staff, I don't know but it struck me as odd to not issues a RMA which is there stated policy. Neither were cheap one a 45 RPM that total is almost $80 for the two. During this guy's weeks vacation I'll go over the 30 day return window. Hopefully I don't have any issues. I've bought a lot from them and always been happy with the price and shipping times. Music Direct seems (to me) to sell a lot of stuff they don't actually have on hand because it can takes weeks to get orders I've placed. Elusive disc is a good one, worth checking out if you have not. Their web site is a tad wonky.

Good luck on your, fingers crossed on mine.

I got a guy on the phone and I think he took acception to me stating the obvious. He probably did not like the fact that I was and am not willing to accept his premise that this was shipping damage that left the outer boxes pristine while causing the crease on the box set cover.

Maybe I am anal, but I look on box sets as more than just vinyl I also consider them collectors items (Consider if you will the Zeppelin classic records 200 Gram road box set, now over 6 K that sold for 600 new in 2011 or 12)

59 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I got a guy on the phone and I think he took acception to me stating the obvious. He probably did not like the fact that I was and am not willing to accept his premise that this was shipping damage that left the outer boxes pristine while causing the crease on the box set cover.

Maybe I am anal, but I look on box sets as more than just vinyl I also consider them collectors items (Consider if you will the Zeppelin classic records 200 Gram road box set, now over 6 K that sold for 600 new in 2011 or 12)

I'm with you Joe, when they are nice sets they should be 100% perfect. I sure wish I bought a couple of copies of ever Zeppelin 200g Classic Record as well as that cool road case. I was close to buying one for I think $1K but never did.

It's a whole 'nother market.  Most of us just want a decent recording to listen to.  If that kind of thing floats your boat then you might want to get in on Ziggy Stardust Barbie.  My wife points out that when something is collectible it helps to have a multiple market, such as Bowie fans and Barbie fans.  Disney has a lot of this kind of example.

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's a whole 'nother market.  Most of us just want a decent recording to listen to.  If that kind of thing floats your boat then you might want to get in on Ziggy Stardust Barbie.  My wife points out that when something is collectible it helps to have a multiple market, such as Bowie fans and Barbie fans.  Disney has a lot of this kind of example.

Road case not included as that is "collectible" The 200g Classic Records Zeppelins are in fact the best sounding by far. LPs don't last forever, I've got one copy of most of them and play them a lot. That is why I wish I bought more than one copy at MSRP. Way too rich for my blood at today's prices.

15 minutes ago, rplace said:

Road case not included as that is "collectible" The 200g Classic Records Zeppelins are in fact the best sounding by far. LPs don't last forever, I've got one copy of most of them and play them a lot. That is why I wish I bought more than one copy at MSRP. Way too rich for my blood at today's prices.

You have the 33 rpm or the 45 rpm ?  The road case were all half speed masters and 45 rpm supposed to have been the very best  Zeppelin recordings available (Though I am not quite sure why anyone would worry about fidelity with zeppelin :dry: I seriously doubt that back then Sound Quality was a paramount concern)  That said Zeppelin has remasters out now on 180 gram that I plan to get a few of

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Well, then maybe you can hope more boomers die off soon to shrink the demand.  You're not a boomer, are you?

No, and I am in fact hoping they all die off sooner than later. A free ride on the hard work of the WWII generation and have f#cked up everything for everyone that came after them. ;)

18 minutes ago, joessportster said:

You have the 33 rpm or the 45 rpm ?  The road case were all half speed masters and 45 rpm supposed to have been the very best  Zeppelin recordings available (Though I am not quite sure why anyone would worry about fidelity with zeppelin :dry: I seriously doubt that back then Sound Quality was a paramount concern)  That said Zeppelin has remasters out now on 180 gram that I plan to get a few of

33 RPM 200g Quiex SV-P. like below picture. I bought the 180g remastered HOTH a year or so ago because my No Quarter has a tick on it....not even close. It stinks compared to the Classic Records version. GaryMD and I listened on his system and mine. I swapped them out without him knowing which was which and with in a few seconds it was very obvious. I feel fortunate to have bought them all at MSRP back in the day except for LZ II which I think I paid $80 for from Elusive Disc in their scratch and dent section a few years after it was released. Now I'm almost afraid to play them. I often think they will be my retirement plan. I'm not sure they are worth the asking price today, but they sound sweet compared to ever other tape/LP/CD I've ever listened to.

Check out this actual sold listing for $900, crazy. They are not even still sealed they are played. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Led-Zeppelin-Studio-Vinyl-LP-Classic-Records-200-gram-Quiex-EIGHT-albums/153501731029?hash=item23bd6a88d5:g:2i8AAOSw-Etc7m5u

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1