DVD Audio is awesome

Vladi

Eevn though I don't have DVD-Audio setup yet,I buy the discs because they are backwards compatible with a DD or DTS track on them.

You can find good deals online for anywhere between $15-20.

I just ordered the new Disturbed for $14.98. Cheaper than the standard cd!

Last time at a Best Buy,they were starting to get a good selection.

I'm pretty sure Circuit had them for around $15, too. (Disturbed AND Linkin Park) didn't pick them up, though, wish they had both bands' first albums on DVD-A. You're right though, DVD Audio IS awesome! Be sure to check out Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, and The Eagles' Hotel California. I currently have 12 DVD-A titles, some better than others, but I gladly paid around $20-25 for each one.

I second the recommendation for "Rumours" & "Hotel California". "Rumours" also has some interesting annecdotes about the song writtings and recordings. I had picked up a bunch of DVD-As before I had a DVD player that was DVD-A compatible. Got a JVC about a month ago and hooked up the 6 analog connections. Whoa! I thought the DVD-As sounded good before. It's like night & day.

Now I have to go back and listen to ELP's "Brain Salad Surgery" and Deep Purple's "Machine Head" (what can I tell you - I'm one of the older guys on the forum & love my classic rock). I also recommend Carly Simon's "No Secrets". For blues fans, check out Eric Clapton & B.B. King's "Riding With The King".

Somewhere earlier in one of the topics I had recommended George Benson's "Breezin" DVD-A for jazz fans. I must now toss in a disclaimer. After hearing it on my JVC with the proper DVD-A analog connections, "Breezin" is a very weak mix especially compared to some of the previously mentioned titles. They did not do justice to the artist or his recording.

On the horizon, I'm lookin forward to Linda Ronstadt's (I know a few people think I'm nuts, but I love her voice & at her peak she was quite a looker) "What's New" with Nelson Riddle/Orchestra. Can't wait to hear those strings & horns. Wish they would put out some of her earlier recordings (i.e. "Hasten Down The Wind" & "Simple Dreams")on DVD-A. "What's New" is due out around 11/19/02 as is "Fragile" by Yes. Another must have for my collection. I've also seen some rumours on another site that Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" may be released on DVD-A sometime in 2003.

Well, I've rambled on enough. Catch you folks later.

I agree with Lovedrummin on 2 things. Like him, I've always loved Linda Ronstadt's voice. I can understand and agree with why so many other singers have admired her crystal clear, but powerful voice. Not the least of her admirers are Trisha Yearwood and Martina McBride. Vocal powerhouses themselves. And yes, Linda was quite a babe back in her younger years. Love to have some DVD-A or SACDs of her.

As for Pink Floyd, I wish their entire catalog would come out on DVD-A or SACD. And if only I could get a DVD Video of Pulse. Oh well, "One of These Days" maybe.

I love DVD Audio! I have been buying disc's for about a year now. Have about 34 of them. I would love to see some floyd on DVDA! I'm glad they have gone back to some of the older recordings that were worth this format. Although I do have a couple of older albums that were redone in DVD A that should not have been. But 90% of them have been remastered very well.

Here are a few I have that I would suggest.

Toy Matinee

Eagles Hotel Ca.

ELP Brain Salad Surgery

Dobbie Bros Captain and Me

Fleetwood Mac Rumers

Metallica-Metallica

Dishwalla Opaline

Queen Night at the Opera