Super Amp DJH is Gone

Deang

Yeah, I caught what you said, and then I read where you said:

"I've been told there really is no difference between the tubes the manufacturers just picked the cream of the production crop and named them 7189s and charged more for them."

I got a little confused after I read that, I thought you were saying they were the same. My bad.

Dag gone, I need to go to bed. My brain is shutting down.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10.gif Your email Friday night was somewhat cryptic, I figured it would be a good way to find out if you really wanted it or not:)

It was a fun thread nonetheless -- you really think those resistors and RTX multicaps would "wring the life" out of it? I hope your not serious, but if you are -- I'm really surprised.

I think the MIT caps can sound a bit on the sterile side, personally, depending on which ones you go with. AS said in another post, I know think certain applications and certain circuits call for certain solutions. And vintage amps are VERY TRICKY in that you dont want to foul what was so great in the frist place. This, once again, coming from someone that has had MIT RTX and Jensen Copper Foil Oils not to mention POS ceramic discs!

kh