R-112sw Warranty - Klipsch asking to ship back

phant0m

So my R-112sw got the dreaded power issue. I contacted Klipsch and to my surprise, they're willing to replace it. Great! ... but they're asking me to ship back the old subwoofer. I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. The thing is massive and will not fit in my car by any means. Also, there's no box that can fit it nor protect it. Also I'm sure shipping something like this would be like $200. Is there a freight service I can use that would pick this thing up and keep it safe?

Strange ... just got a R-115SW (B-stock) from Cory ... for @phant0m's info, Cory is a Klipsch dealer, also known here as @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  Of course, bad amp :(  Cory is sending me a replacement and told me to "dispose or recycle" the old one ... no need to ship it back.  Would assume Klipsch would do the same :( 

Add-on ... "new" 115 amps are on backorder (just getting a replacement). Do not know stock status of 112 amps.

3 hours ago, phant0m said:

So my R-112sw got the dreaded power issue. I contacted Klipsch and to my surprise, they're willing to replace it. Great! ... but they're asking me to ship back the old subwoofer. I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. The thing is massive and will not fit in my car by any means. Also, there's no box that can fit it nor protect it. Also I'm sure shipping something like this would be like $200. Is there a freight service I can use that would pick this thing up and keep it safe?

How long has it been since you got the R-112SW ?

3 minutes ago, Anirban said:

How long has it been since you got the R-112SW ?

Purchased December 2017.

Update: So they're replacing it with an SPL-120. Told me to use the new box to try and fit the old one in. They gave me a shipping label for the R-112sw. Now hopefully UPS will pick up from my house cause there's no way I can fit it in my car.

• Like 1

Ahhh.....that makes more sense now knowing they are replacing "it all".  Unless it's a UPS call tag pickup, they won't come get it automatically.  You might call UPS and see if you can get a residential pickup which typically has a charge to do that.  Any friends with a truck?  What kind of vehicle will it not fit into?  I do realize they are rather large boxes.

• UPS On-Call Pickup®. "This is the first service level we provide, for companies that have outgrown using a UPS Drop Box or a nearby The UPS Store® location," Downs says. You can call to schedule a driver pickup on the same day or a future day, with no limit on the number of packages. The fee is $6.80 per same-day request, or $5.80 for a future-day pickup.