Help Trey Cannon/Klipsch!! Broken 5 way binding posts on my C7 and Chorus II

BLOOMIS914

I have two broken 5 way binding posts, one on a KLF-C7 and the other on one of my Chorus II speaker....I tried Radio sahck for a repair but theirs are a hair (3-5MM) too long and hit the board/crossover on the inside of the C7 terminal cup.

Can I order two pairs (two red & two black) of Klipsch OEM equipment 5 way binding posts?

My C7 is setting on a small stand on the floor of my stage and the kids knocked over backwards breaking one of the posts....The Chorus II has one that the plastic part was broken when I took ownership.

Please help,

Thanks, Brett

Uh-oh, this is not fun.

I purchased a set of Chorus I from edster00 which had a post broke off. Those posts go through the crossover board (some Klipsch have 2 boards which lie over each other, making it even more complex). The solder connections need to be removed, posts installed, and resoldered. This may require taking that crossover board apart to some degree - and if it is anything like the Chorus I, it is intricate - basically a pain in the a$$. Good soldering skills are helpful here.

After me and edster took a look at the crossover, I decided to take it to my local Klipsch dealer (who sold Heritage previously). He charged me $90 for the work. The tech stated that it was a pain - not a job that he looks forward to.

The posts can be obtained from Klipsch. Make sure that you get the proper posts (edster had to order them twice to get the right ones).

With any luck, your crossover boards will be simpler in your specific models.

• 2 weeks later...

Trey, Thanks a lot for your help. I ordered 3 pairs of BP-3's (3 red and 3 black) and already received and installed them all.

They fit perfectly!

Trey, you and BobG and many other Klipsch employees do a tremendous job of providing very personalized customer service. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for your fast response on the BB and the time you spent with me on the phone. All is well in this KLIPSCH house.

Here's the latest update on my Klipsch collection:

Great Room:

KLF-30's

KLF-C7

KSP-S6's

Basement Theater:

Chorus II's

KLF-C7 Center

KSP-S6's

KLF-C7 Rear Center

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Master Bath:

IC-525's in-ceiling speakers

Master Bedroom

KSC-SC1 Center

The rest is in progress......

Thanks, Brett

Are the post on the KLF-C7 actually 5-way binding posts? The posts on mine are not able to accept banana plugs, isn't that one of the "5-ways" it's supposed to bind? I wanted to use some Audioquest GR8 cables which were terminated with bananas. I had 4 pairs of 5-ways I had from an upgrade on my Legacy Focus speakers and was able to upgrade my Kg4s and KLF-C7. I felt it was easier, cheaper and more beneficial to upgrade the post than the cables.

Colin is right on here.....Ditto his comments exactly.

Most Klipsch factory speakers I have purchased come with small male plugs that are in each location where the banana plugs would go, just carefully pry them out and you should be able to plug in the single or dual banana posts. I believe the spacing between this type of connection is standard so any dual plug will fit.

Good luck.

The plugs are required by European regulation. They are to prevent people in those countries from plugging in an AC cable. European AC cables just happen to fit into 5 way binding posts with 3/4" spacing.