Check out this Bose review

Kain

Go to a local dealer and ask if they'll let you burrow a set of the AM-15s. Might as well get the top-of-the-line set. I would be willing to bet your JBL setup would give'em the beat-down. I am almost half-tempted to go to Tweeters and ask. The only things is, they know me to well there and know that I'll just post some scathing review in audioreview.com and here about them. There is just no way a Bose AcousticMass system could even come close my Reference 7 setup.

I did get to do a comparison somewhat. One example that I remember clearly. In the movie "Lost in Space", I watched the scene where they were in the process of warping through the sun. On the Bose, you could not hear any of the dialogue over the very loud sound effects in that scene (you could see the actors' mouths moving on the little TV screen). I watched that same scene on my own system, and I could hear every detail in the movie very clearly, including the dialogue (and even understand what was being said!). The Bose, it was all just a big mish-mash of loud sound effects, that completely drowned out the dialogue, although it did a good job of shifting it around the surrounds and such.

I still got all the components from my old Yamahaa/Infinity setup. I ought to set it up in the basement and do a comparison there (although the reciever does not do Dolby Digital - I guess I could find a cheap DVD player that has its own decoder builtin)

I just wanted to thank you Kain again for the site. I have convinced a lot of people that did not have a clue about bose. They were caught up in the name thing and didn't know the truth about how terrible and cheap the bose system really is. Thanks again!

----------------

On 11/8/2002 11:14:56 AM rjb294 wrote:

I just wanted to thank you Kain again for the site. I have convinced a lot of people that did not have a clue about bose. They were caught up in the name thing and didn't know the truth about how terrible and cheap the bose system really is. Thanks again!

----------------

Hehe, no problem dude. 1.gif

A Bose saved is a Klipsch earned. 2.gif

3.gif

I usually try to avoid the overwhelming temptation to jump on this bandwagon, but I can't resist in this case. I read the review of the pro-Bose fellow. In addition to the observations made by Skonopa, I was greatly bemused by his comment "The Bose continued to shake the entire room all the way to 38 Hz (even though I couldn't really hear it)..." That says it all. If he can't hear "all the way down to 38hz" he has no business posting any review of sound-reproduction equipment. Man, that 38hz is really bottom-feeding, huh Ears? (LOL). Sheesh - I'm 43 and I can hear down to about 16hz on my SVS.

And, the clincher is "One more additional note : the entirety of this surround system (without the bass module) can fit in a small to medium sized bookbag; the entire thing can fit in a large one...so when that's taken into account, these speakers are even more impressive." He really hits the nail on the head with that one. Ability to fit in a bookbag has always been a reference standard for audio equipment reviews!! I've always wanted to tote my home theater system around on my back.

DD

LOL

Doug stop this is just way too much

Shake the room down to 38Hz! MUA HA HA HA The reviewer must have his veins pumping a severe overdose of illegal substance. And could NOT hear 38Hz! Stop LOL You know some of these reviewers take the common man/woman for fools with no audio knowledge.

I can hear cleanly 31.5,20 and 16Hz test tones from my Velodyne HGS18.And NO its not harmonics the Velodyne has the least dostortion among all subs when reproducing true abyss deep sub bass.Its clean,pure sub bass.

38Hz...my tiny Dyanudio Contour 1.1's can do this! LOL And a Sunfire Junior (a 9" cube!) can di down to below 30Hz with ease!

I mean come on,give me a break,I really start to enjoy bashing B0$e and its army of brainwashing pushy reviewers. 11.gif

Wow 38Hz,6.gif way to step up to the plate there buddy.

I may be off on this but I think that the low B string on a five string bass is about 35Hz.

Lol, that would mean you couldn't even hear a good portion of the bass players out there these days seeing as how five,six and even seven string basses are becoming more popular.

If it can fit in a bag then you can take it with you, why buy a walkman when you could have the subterranean sounds of an acoustimass in a bag on your back3.gif

Peace, Josh