RSW-10 / RSW-12 / RSW-15 REPAIR BLOG

ngen33r

I DO NOT LIKE PROVIDING THESE FILES 

1. BECAUSE PEOPLE THEN PESTER ME AND ASK FOR THEM

2. BECAUSE I PUT A TON OF TIME INTO CROSS REFERENCING THE DESIGNS AND PARTS AND ALL THIS INFO CAN BE GOOGLED

THIS IS A SIMILAR POWER SUPPLY FROM BASH USED IN AN INFINITY

THIS IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY

AGAIN

THIS IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY

500W BASH.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello I have 2 Rsw 15's. One sounds perfect to ne while the second one makes double thumps occasionally while at a higher level. First I'm not looking for hints I would love to bring it to you. I'm in New Orleans, may I ask where you are?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good Day,

My RSW-12 is clipping at low end frequencies and I am quite sure the driver is blown.  Not only does it smell somewhat cooked, I am measuring an impedance of about 1.1ohms across the terminals.  I don't believe the amp is an issue..it powers up fine and outputs bass to a certain extent but when you push it, the sub limits out (or goes into some safety mode) or 1/2 the amp shuts down.

Hoping the amp is fine, I would like to get a replacement driver but cannot find much info on the sub itself.  Can anyone provide any direction on this?  Such as what is the impedance suppose to be at?  does it run at 4ohms?

Thanks

Bob  

RSW12 pic 1.jpg

rsw12 pic 2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Question to the group: are these older KSW-10/12/15 series subs worth fixing given the cost to purchase a refurbished new sub?

I purchased the KSW10 new in 2004 as part of an entire home theater system. The plate amp needs repair (attached image power transformer checks out OK), needs the rectifier section fixed. I can send to the firm in Holland MI and they will repair for $125 plus shipping with 90day warranty. OR I can try to figure out the rectifier components, purchase them and adjust the system.

BUT if this system is in fact drawing power all of the time even when idle, this seems to be a design deficiency and we can count on it failing again. 

Given I've had this system 18yrs, if there is something special really good about the design and construction that stands out I would get it fixed rather than scrap it.

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

PS - I have 1962 Telefunken Hymnus console and wanted to use this to round out the bottom end.

20220118_153806.jpg

Well, I think I answered my own question.

I just purchased a new RSW-12 400watt peak for $179 with free shipping from Adorama. Comes with 5yr/2yr speaker/electronics warranty which is much better than the 90day warranty I would get on a repair which would run about $175 with shipping both ways.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an RSW-15 that had the coil blow/up melt. I just signed up and wanted to message ngen33r directly but it say's I am unable to send messages yet. 

Looks to be the same issue where you had to wind a new coil yourself. Are you accepting units to be worked on at this time? 

Think there may be any hope for this amp ? 

20220210_144932.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a klipsch subwoofer that turns on and doesn't send audio I have no idea what the problem could be I had it in use until this morning and suddenly it stopped playing what could it be? subwoofer amp? By the way, I have not opened the subwoofer, I only have it in my living room, I tried several things, I changed cables, etc. And I'm not from Mexico, can you give me an idea?

Edited by Marcos M

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an RSW 10D amp module with a burned out capacitor (I believe). Does anyone know a repair service?  The yellow capacitor that is burned doesn’t have any marking like the rest of them.  This one is on the front edge of the board and all it says is Carli - 105k 250v.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  

• 3 months later...

Hello, I have a RSW-12 which since yesterday dienst want to power on anymore. Fuse is good and sometimes the red led turns on again but no sound, if ik try to move some of the switches the led turns off again. Is there somebody who knows what the problem is and wo could fix this? I’m located in Europe…