SOLD: Wright WLA12A Tube 6SN7 Preamp

rplace

This is one I know I am going to regret, but I need to get some space freed up. I've had more preamps than speakers and this is at the top of my list. Hopefully the next owner will love it as much as I have. Came from a long time forum member so I'd like to see it stay in the family. Off to other sites at a higher price if not interest here in a week or so.

George Wright WLA12A Preamp. 6X5 Tube Rectified. Four inputs + tape loop (no phono stage). Lots of cool features like Hi/Low input, Mono and Reverse in addition to the standard stereo. Output has -10 and Mute feature. I found the -10 particularly handy when using this same preamp but two different amps (3.5W and 60W). When listening to the 3.5 watt amps I had it on "zero". Flip to Mute, switch amps via a selector come back to -10 and it was very easy to compare a Push Pull and SET amp for visitors that were curious. Since it has two outputs this cold not be easier. 2 outputs great if you run a sub as well.

You won't have to search long online to find tons of praise for this tiny footprinted wonder. All tubes included are vintage and the 6SN7 Sylvania Chrome Tops sound wonderful. I've got a huge stash of different 6SN7s if  you want to experiment I'll make you a good deal on vintage Tung Sol Mouse Ears, Ken-Rad, General Electric, etc.

If you ever wondered about a tube preamp or missed out on the GW train in its heyday this is your chance. Very good condition, I've seen several with missing lettering. All point to point wiring. It is a beauty inside and out and long as you like the utilitarian look outside. I guess George was all about the performance not the packaging. I personally love the compact size.

I've also got a matching pair of 3.5w 2A3 monoblocks from George Wright. A rare pair built with English Sowter Transformers. These are absolutely killer on Klipsch speakers. They are in use in my system now so not easy to access for photographs. If you are interested in the amps and preamp PM me and I'll get you some pictures and make you a great deal. I'm not interested in selling the amps without selling the preamp at this time.....but that could change possibly.

More high-rez photos if needed. PM me and I'll send them along. $700 prefer local pick up, but this is small and light so shipping is not an issue. Located in Maryland zip 21154, exit 80 off of I-95. Very close to Baltimore, Philly, DE,  D.C, NJ. Easy day trip from NYC, CT, NOVA, N.C.

01Front.thumb.jpg.d3682f54d2487e5faef4cc162a551264.jpg

02Front.thumb.jpg.c84dc967757fa5c140a52f5c92304330.jpg

03Back.thumb.jpg.1f22a353f4786f5c80c390a5b7b9a5fc.jpg

Quick update because there is a lot of interest in this Pre and matching amps.

#1 bowed out

#2 is 16 hour behind on viewing/answering PMs from early Wednesday morning

#3 is in the Queue and looking good if I don't hear something soon from #2

We all know a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush....or something like that. So not sold yet. Please ask any and all questions. If we can communicate via email better than PM (I'm looking at you #2 ;)) please give rplace AT mantistech DOT com a go. I'm out of pocket Friday/Saturday very limited forum access so Thursday 1/9 would be ideal to put this to bed.

Thanks all for the interest.

These are sold pre + amps + all vintage tubes.

Thanks Klipsch forum!

On 1/8/2020 at 8:56 PM, JMON said:

#2 here -- sorry for my delay in responding Rich.  As mentioned in my PM, I work during the day and am busy working so didn't get your messages until this evening.

Joe: let me know when you're ready to sell!  😁

See that packing Rich did.  I can never sell those amps I would pale in comparison.  Joe

• Haha 1