List discount online retailers please:

kenratboy

As we all know, there are a bunch of cheap, unaithorized retailers online that give you $1000 items for $600. What are some of them, I lost the list I had. Here is a new one I found, they are in New York:

http://www.elegantaudiovideo.com/index.htm

Also http://www.sounddistributors.com/ is a big one I know of.

Webmaster: I know this isn't the sort of thread you like, but I am not looking for Klipsch, mostly other stuff.

Thanks!

www.consumerdirectonline.com

Really a great place to do buisness with.I ordered some speaker cables through them recently and made mention of 2 other online sites that beat them in total price with shipping and they matched them in price right on the spot and even called me the next day at to double check everything.

These two other places were both in New York City and didn't have anything in stock but bought through warehouses instead.

I've learned my lesson with New York mailorder years ago while I was big into Photography so there was NO way I was gonna order anything even with the cheaper prices.

Jeff

Personally, I hope that if you do your purchasing online, then don't bother to waste my time on my retail floor. DAILY I have "customers" who come in and ask a million questions about products, audition everything in the store, and then go home and purchase the product online!

The constant search for "a discount" has led to an internet industry that provides a point of sale service only. It provides a low price and nothing else. On more than one occassion in the past three months I've told a customer that we will not provide free service on a piece that they purchased online...

Moreover, like many other industries that have had companies go out of business because of the "super-discounters", the audio-video industry is already starting to feel those effects. The result will be fewer opportunities to hear and see products in person. In essence, the search for the lowest price, no matter what the source, will lead to more of those experiences for all of us.

Basically, if you want a thriving system of local dealers so that all of us can hear and touch the products that we are interested in, you need to support your local dealers.