You Don't Want To See This

NOZ

I posted about this in the general forum. The guy is totally shady. I emailed for clarification and it turns out that he's auctioning a bunch of these speakers ONE AT A TIME. Of course he still uses a picture of a pair and uses the plural SPEAKERS throughout the auction. Despite this, he felt that is was my misunderstanding that I would ever think he was selling a pair. I guess we should all consider ourselves lucky and feel bad for the poor guys who are each going to receive a single speaker (of undetermined size) for $300.

There are technical names for this type of scam. It is called fraud or misrepresentation. Too bad more consumer fraud is not criminally prosecuted. Ebay needs to start cleaning this up as well; otherwise it will hurt them.

Some lawyer may make an example of this bozo, but it is hard to collect damages from a turnip.9.gif

Bill

The problem is that you can only post feedback about someone that you have had a transaction with. So, unless someone buys from him, you can't let others know. It's a major downside of eBay's system. I understand why they have it arranged as they do, but it allows guys like this to get away with nonsense.

Selling only one speaker is a trick this guy obviously learned from uBid--"must bid on 2 for a pair." As for reporting the seller to eBay, I may be wrong, but I believe one can do that only if one is involved in a closed transaction with the seller. EBay (and PayPay) has been of zero help to me in trying to resolve a similar dispute (I got stung on a piece of computer equipment). There are some great deals via on-line auctions, but "caveat emptor" should be written on every item.