Cassette Making a come back ?

joessportster

I hope I never have to mess with a cassette tape player again! It was fun in the late 70s early 80s, but I’m over it. Only thing worse was a 8 track. It would bring back some memories I guess. Knock yourselves out lol, and have fun with it.

3 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Joe,

The only Dragon I want is a Dragon CD and DAC.  :D

Rog

Start a go fund me, Those bad boys are stupid high......................................

5 hours ago, mr clean said:

I hope I never have to mess with a cassette tape player again! It was fun in the late 70s early 80s, but I’m over it. Only thing worse was a 8 track. It would bring back some memories I guess. Knock yourselves out lol, and have fun with it.

I dont recall many issues with cassettes at all, Rarely have one eaten  by a deck that was  not maintained    /   cleaned....................Never attributed the issue to  the medium.  Now if we are talking about the PITA of recording  thats  a different kettle all together

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Start a go fund me, Those bad boys are stupid high......................................

I dont recall many issues with cassettes at all, Rarely have one eaten  by a deck that was  not maintained    /   cleaned....................Never attributed the issue to  the medium.  Now if we are talking about the PITA of recording  thats  a different kettle all together

27 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Joe,

I have a pencil and I am NOT afraid to use it !!  :D

Roger

• Haha 2

Well, even after more than 40 years of using tape decks, I am still enthusiastic about the technology and can't part with these wonderful machines, despite all technical advances. I already owned several tape decks, like Nakamichi LX 5 , Nakamichi CR4 , Nakamichi DR1. In the middle of the 1990s I bought a TEAC V 6030 S. This is the absolute best I have ever owned. Every 5 years I have a complete service done on this high end tape deck. It runs like the very first day, makes wonderful recordings with Dolby B / C / S. But I prefer to record without any filter technology.  Especially when you analogize digital source recordings you get a 1 : 1 image of the digital source recordings. I cannot do without this technology as an additional audio component.

Teac V 6030 Skleiner.jpg

• Like 2